Author Topic: Blackspire Track rings  (Read 2082 times)

Blackspire Track rings
« on: 11 July, 2008, 11:43:49 am »
are the any good ? Do they wear well ? round ? worth it ?

Zoidburg

Re: Blackspire Track rings
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2008, 12:23:14 pm »
Wouldnt know, for twelve squid they seem OK but I would imagine they only come in a BCD to match Blackspire downhill cranks

I spoke to the chaps at goldtec last week, they are doing a run of reversable track rings soon

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2008, 12:28:26 pm »
Wouldnt know, for twelve squid they seem OK but I would imagine they only come in a BCD to match Blackspire downhill cranks

I spoke to the chaps at goldtec last week, they are doing a run of reversable track rings soon

The ones I have seen are considerably more expensive than £12. These are 144mm Track rings, as used by British Cycling apparently though I am not expecting them to make me go like Shanaze Reade.

Zoidburg

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2008, 12:34:21 pm »
Hmmmm

Its a track ring

How much is it going to cost you?

« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2008, 05:11:58 pm »
I haven't used the track rings - but I have one of their cheapo DH rings on my fixed - it has worked excellently for approaching 5,000 miles.

I just hope the track rings aren't as ugly...

*googles*

Ah well.

Zoidburg

« Reply #5 on: 12 July, 2008, 12:24:37 pm »
I would wait for the goldtec ones, they have done rings for british cycling as well so I cant see them being bad

Condors own brand pimpy rings are made by goldtec as well, and sold at a considerable mark up I would imagine

« Reply #6 on: 13 July, 2008, 08:47:39 pm »
Ithink the Blackspire are 3/32 anyway I want 1/8 (I want sugino but can't afford)