Author Topic: CyclingUK Stevenage Start of Summertime Rides, March 25  (Read 1249 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
CyclingUK Stevenage Start of Summertime Rides, March 25
« on: 26 February, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »
The popular Stevenage rides used to be organised as AUK Calendar Events.

If you are considering entering and would like your ride to be validated by AUK, you can still do so by way of a DIY Perm Brevet.

For this you will need to buy a DIY Perm Brevet and submit an entry to your local DIY Organiser, i.e., "Business As Usual" for DIY perms.
For details see http://www.aukweb.net/diy/

DIY South East Riders entering the 200km route are requested to quote DIYSE9560 on the DIY Perm entry form info box. This will be progressed as a GPS DIY BR200 with Mandatory Route. I'll add DIYSE references for the shorter routes as and when riders enter. If you have any queries regarding this, please PM me.

AUKs from other AUK districts should enter through their local DIY Perm Organiser following their normal procedure.

Re: CyclingUK Stevenage Start of Summertime Rides, March 25
« Reply #1 on: 26 February, 2018, 04:36:25 pm »
The popular Stevenage rides used to be organised as AUK Calendar Events.
This will be progressed as a GPS DIY BR200 with Mandatory Route.

It's a shame we've lost this as an Audax event, as it had been run for more than 20 years as such.  Anyone know why it's no longer an Audax?

Re: CyclingUK Stevenage Start of Summertime Rides, March 25
« Reply #2 on: 24 March, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »
The route looks to deviate quite a lot from previous years, although it still turns at Lavenham.  It is the first time I have filled in one of these DIY brevets. I hope I got it right.  The most disappointing thing was discovering that there are engineering works on the rail service to Stevenage, so I am going to have to drive there.