Author Topic: Midlander - 02/12/18  (Read 4414 times)

Re: Midlander - 02/12/18
« Reply #25 on: 03 December, 2018, 10:59:36 am »
Rather enjoyed that apart from being massively overdressed and very, very lucky with the weather.  Felt a few spots of rain every so often but nothing more than that thankfully.  Did most of the ride with Bob Scarle and John (trike) from West Midlands Randonneurs and also a couple of ladies, one of whom it was her first Audax.  We all took a good time at the cafe controls and enjoyed the ride socially.  Many thanks to Jim Lee and his team from Midland C & AC for putting it all together.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #26 on: 03 December, 2018, 12:25:39 pm »
Rather enjoyed that apart from being massively overdressed and very, very lucky with the weather.  Felt a few spots of rain every so often but nothing more than that thankfully.  Did most of the ride with Bob Scarle and John (trike) from West Midlands Randonneurs and also a couple of ladies, one of whom it was her first Audax.  We all took a good time at the cafe controls and enjoyed the ride socially.  Many thanks to Jim Lee and his team from Midland C & AC for putting it all together.

Would have been nice to meet, especially as I was there at 8:30 in front of the cafe', there was a good bunch of us... we then realised at 9 AM that the organiser was in the car park instead... so then it was a case of rushing to get a card and working out what the info was about...

Rode to Evesham with VistaEd, then did a solo ride with mostly tail wind. Took the diversion advised above to avoid the A46, which was great... overall far more fun than one could reasonably expect out of a BP in December, really

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #27 on: 03 December, 2018, 06:30:55 pm »
I'm really quite frustrated with myself. Seems I missed a good ride.

I left at about 2030hrs to ride up, got about 25km in and realised that I couldn't deal with 12hrs inside my own head that night. Physically, I felt good, but mentally I just didn't have the reserves left.

Got home at 2245 and went straight to bed.

I'll try again next year.
Rule 77

« Reply #28 on: 03 December, 2018, 06:35:15 pm »
Unfortunately, there is no safe way to go from Hampton Lucy to Snitterfield... the A439 is the least worst... the number of HGV is relatively small, especially on sundays.

The A46 is problematic, as it's slightly uphill and you have to turn right with traffic behind you doing 60+ mph... sticking your right arm out is not going to command much respect...

So I basically got to the brow of the hill waited over to one side for a gap and crossed, no real issue