Author Topic: [HAMR] Pics of Steve...  (Read 2074 times)

[HAMR] Pics of Steve...
« on: 02 February, 2015, 08:20:41 am »
Some more pics from Feb 1.   (Between East Hanney and Steventon)

Steve by ao, on Flickr

steve by ao, on Flickr

Steve by ao, on Flickr

Steve by ao, on Flickr

Steve by ao, on Flickr
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Pics of Steve...
« Reply #1 on: 02 February, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »
Great pics, he looks very cheerful still.

Are those the Didcot cooling towers in the background?  I thought they had all been blown up on the 9 o'clock news a few months ago, thus removing about the only regional visual aid to navigational I could still recognise.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 02 February, 2015, 03:45:17 pm »
Are those the Didcot cooling towers in the background?  I thought they had all been blown up on the 9 o'clock news a few months ago, thus removing about the only regional visual aid to navigational I could still recognise.

Only Didcot A.  Didcot B is still standing, if not entirely functional (there was a nasty fire that put some of the more modern cooling units out of action last year).

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 02 February, 2015, 05:42:16 pm »

Only Didcot A.  Didcot B is still standing, if not entirely functional (there was a nasty fire that put some of the more modern cooling units out of action last year).
Actually I think its more complicated than that ... but Didcot already has its own thread - of wide renown - so it would be greedy to take-over this one.

Anyway: Andy, I did spot you as I thundered past in the DIDCOT Phoenix peleton.
(Sadly blowing out of my arse,  even in the slow group,  so a cheery greeting was unlikely, sorry!)

I guessed why you might be loitering on that road - if your timestamps are right we were about 15mins too early for Steve. Would have been cool to give him a 10-man tow!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #4 on: 02 February, 2015, 07:11:51 pm »
Anyway: Andy, I did spot you as I thundered past in the DIDCOT Phoenix peleton.
(Sadly blowing out of my arse,  even in the slow group,  so a cheery greeting was unlikely, sorry!)

I guessed why you might be loitering on that road - if your timestamps are right we were about 15mins too early for Steve. Would have been cool to give him a 10-man tow!

The group did seem to be going at a fair old lick* - think I pretty much pulled up to see whether Steve was in your midst.  Time stamp is 20s slow, so fairly accurate.   I was quite pleased Steve hadn't decided to head North on the A338.  :)

* ~33km/h average according to Strava segmentation.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson