Author Topic: Blocking roads  (Read 1198 times)

Blocking roads
« on: 14 February, 2013, 07:07:18 am »
I'm on the Snowdrop on Saturday.
The route would have used two bridges which at the moment are impassable due to flooding.
How do I put a temporary block on those bits of road so routing doesn't use them?

Edge 605 with Topo GB.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Blocking roads
« Reply #1 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:22:08 am »
You can do it in Mapsource (Preferences, Routing, Advanced) but AFAIK not on the GPS. 
I think the best bet would be to draw 2 short sections of track to go the way you think will be best in these areas, and load these onto the GPS along with the route.  Go into the Track (or Course) menu and colour them bright and (important) set them to 'show on map'. 
Then on the day just let the routing do its own thing but follow your tracks to get round the problem.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 14 February, 2013, 02:53:21 pm »
I'm on the Snowdrop on Saturday.
The route would have used two bridges which at the moment are impassable due to flooding.
How do I put a temporary block on those bits of road so routing doesn't use them?

Edge 605 with Topo GB.

Surely you're just looking for a question to answer here ... I thought Phil had issued a revised .gpx file? 

[I am entered but have to be a DNS as another commitment has reared its head]

Rob

« Reply #3 on: 15 February, 2013, 07:36:06 am »
I'm not going anywhere near any postdiluvial sediment. Which means most country lanes will not be used.

The bicycle-only bridge at Wyre Piddle.