Author Topic: Stuck digital scales  (Read 1233 times)

Stuck digital scales
« on: 17 October, 2009, 04:34:10 pm »
Mrs Pcolbeck has got the digital scales stuck. These are Antony Worall Thompson AWT050 scales and we have lost the manual. Switching them on they display 0 grammes and HOLD. If you put anything on them they don't register it. I have tried taking the batteries out but the HOLD persists. The only three buttons are ON/TARE, MODE and OFF. I have tried all the combinations I can think of to no effect. Has anyone got the manual for these scales or even just and idea ?
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Re: Stuck digital scales
« Reply #1 on: 17 October, 2009, 07:41:59 pm »
You tried fresh batteries?

« Reply #2 on: 17 October, 2009, 07:45:41 pm »
Yes. No difference. Have now found the instructions but they don't mention a "hold" mode. Have emailed the manufacturer.

« Reply #3 on: 17 October, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »
Have you tried pressing and holding the MODE button?

« Reply #4 on: 17 October, 2009, 08:01:02 pm »
Fair enough.  If you've managed to find who the actual manufacturer is then you might be alright.

« Reply #5 on: 17 October, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »
From what I've managed to find on the web so far, HOLD and TARE seem to be related functions.   Perhaps you need to hold down the TARE button to switch.

« Reply #6 on: 17 October, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »
Tried that unfortunately.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #7 on: 18 October, 2009, 10:34:01 am »
Just ideas based on experience with other scales:

1. Clean the switch contacts (if you can get to them by pulling the buttons off or whatever).

2. Remove the batteries for several minutes (if you've only tried seconds so far).
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #8 on: 18 October, 2009, 05:01:41 pm »
Yes, I have some digital scales that played up similarly two weeks ago.  The batteries had been in use, untouched for around five years!

I removed them, cleaned the contacts, re-installed them and the scales are OK again :thumbsup:

I guess I should really buy some new batteries :P
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

« Reply #9 on: 18 October, 2009, 05:03:52 pm »
Progress. I had put them back in the cupboard and Mrs Pcolbeck tried them today. Now they start without hold but have gone into a weird set-up mode and are cycling round random numbers. I think they are in calibrate mode. Will wait and see what the manufacturer says.