Author Topic: wall lights, small and elegant, and cheap!  (Read 1408 times)

goatpebble

wall lights, small and elegant, and cheap!
« on: 15 May, 2008, 10:03:33 pm »
I have hunted everywhere, and the same awful stuff comes up the same, all the time. At work, I can get top end stuff at trade price, but this still means hundreds of pounds.

I am just looking for some simple things that look as though they have always been there, if that makes sense!

It has to be cheap, because this is a temporary scheme, as the room will be demolished next year. However, I cannot live with the frosted glass Argos stuff that I have just removed.

Can anyone in the trade suggest a good supplier of something very, very restrained,  that would look good in room that has to feel as though it has not been 'decorated'.

I am quite happy to consider quite eccentric solutions...

Re: wall lights, small and elegant, and cheap!
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2008, 08:14:56 am »
Ikea is your friend.

Lights seem to extortionately expensive most other places.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2008, 08:28:11 am »
Have a look for lighting factory shops, if you are in/near Banbury there is Dar lighting, if Leeds then there is Ring lighting, and Oldham there is a place out near the Costco that does lighting cheap.

Look for end of lines, you can usually find them much cheaper than Argos/B&Q etc (especially as the three I have mentioned manufacture for those stores so get all the end of lines and returns!)

HTH
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

goatpebble

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2008, 09:30:39 pm »
Stopbox

Just some basic stuff, and it will get a respray in white, but for the price, I cannot be too fussy!