Author Topic: pharmacy delivery costs  (Read 676 times)

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
pharmacy delivery costs
« on: 20 May, 2014, 10:26:02 pm »
would anyone hazard a guess as to the cost per item a pharmacy charges for prescription deliveries, who bears this cost [is it the chemist or the NHS] etc.
having a friendly argument with first born that needs resolving.

there's a few near us that do van based supplies - and I assume it's for the needy only, so for repeat or new prescriptions for those that are house bound perhaps.
A shitter and a giggler.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: pharmacy delivery costs
« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »
From Boots' website
Why do I have to pay for home delivery of my medicines when I qualify for free prescriptions?

Whether you pay for your prescriptions or have free prescriptions, we have to send your medicines to you in secure, confidential packaging and pay for the delivery of these items to you, so we need to include this in the cost of your order. The delivery charge is £2.95. If you pay for your prescriptions and your order total is over £45, we will deliver your medicines for free.

We offer a service where you can order online and collect in most Boots stores free of charge, so look out for details when you place your order online.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 20 May, 2014, 11:24:00 pm »
My Dad pays nowt.  The little man from the local independent (who also serves behind the counter sometimes) delivers by car.  I don't know, but I bet the pharmacy bears the cost and recoups it from the NHS drug money.  It must be good for business.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2014, 12:19:01 am »
Having the crank delivered in a Lexus with blacked out windows will be more than if it comes in a Saxo.
It is simpler than it looks.