Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897304 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #5975 on: 29 October, 2022, 08:02:23 pm »
Braverman if the Guardian report is correct. I suspect she will have a reserved spot here.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5976 on: 29 October, 2022, 08:52:09 pm »
Braverman if the Guardian report is correct. I suspect she will have a reserved spot here.

Linky?
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5977 on: 29 October, 2022, 11:15:26 pm »
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5978 on: 30 October, 2022, 01:29:53 am »
So much for Sunak’s promise of “integrity”, or did that only apply to him personally?

Thing is, the talent pool is excruciatingly small and the list of cynical, narcissistic, greedy tory MP's who have served in government since 2010 is long.  They are struggling for choice.

Thankfully my local fascist remains too dumb to serve.

Hell's teeth, PB, how do they remember to breathe?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #5979 on: 30 October, 2022, 08:46:28 am »
Oh, they don't breathe.  They suck the life out of everything and everybody around them!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5980 on: 31 October, 2022, 07:31:55 pm »
A new elevation to the pantheon of Super-Twattery: Jonathan Gullis MP.  The whole business with the record numbers of people crossing the Channel in small boats is the fault of the last Labour government, the EU, “lefty lawyers” preventing “our” wonderful, fab and not at all illegal proposal to deport them to fucking Rwanda, FOREIGNS trying to buck the system/jump the queue, and criminal gangs.  And nothing to do with twelve years of Tory misrule.  At all.  Oh no.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #5981 on: 31 October, 2022, 08:26:01 pm »
I had to fast forward past Gullis for fear that I'd need to purchase a replacement tv.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5982 on: 31 October, 2022, 10:08:24 pm »
I'd never heard of the horrible twat before today and rather wish I'd remained in blissful ignorance.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5983 on: 01 November, 2022, 09:58:57 pm »
Gullis, you say? Has a bit of a thing about Albanians. Yes, he’s unbearable but this is quite interesting and worth listening to…

https://twitter.com/secrettory12/status/1587542006242447360?s=46&t=BkNZVYcFAhMSqcoDH4JLhw
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #5984 on: 01 November, 2022, 10:16:08 pm »
An exemplar of super-twattery.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5985 on: 01 November, 2022, 11:06:20 pm »
Gullis, you say? Has a bit of a thing about Albanians. Yes, he’s unbearable but this is quite interesting and worth listening to…

https://twitter.com/secrettory12/status/1587542006242447360?s=46&t=BkNZVYcFAhMSqcoDH4JLhw

:D

ian

« Reply #5986 on: 02 November, 2022, 10:27:06 pm »
Elon Musk is clearly an antidote to any foolish and inaccurate belief that any of these rich techbros got anywhere through being smart. I've encountered dimmer lightbulbs during a power cut.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5987 on: 03 November, 2022, 08:58:38 am »
I think the problem with Musk is that he has come to beleive the hype about his infallibility.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #5988 on: 03 November, 2022, 09:53:46 am »
Indeed. But it's also the entire lack of perception that really, had they not been the progeny of rich, confident, and well networked families, they'd probably be working in KFC.

« Reply #5989 on: 03 November, 2022, 11:46:07 am »
Elon Musk is clearly an antidote to any foolish and inaccurate belief that any of these rich techbros got anywhere through being smart. I've encountered dimmer lightbulbs during a power cut.

That goes for most of the people I work with. Very smart, very clever in their field. Utterly oblivious to the fact that they are unskilled and ignorant in other fields.
Convinced, to their soul, that they do such difficult and clever work, that anything else would be easy for them.

There are exceptions, like the engineer who built his own flight simulator chair, with actuators. The most difficult part of the build? Cooling the motors. Not the control code, not the physical construction. Real world engineering.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5990 on: 03 November, 2022, 12:25:09 pm »
The weird thing about this whole blue tick business is that by putting a price on them, he's stripping them of all their value. Surely even he is intelligent enough to see that?

Like so many areas of modern life, the problem stems from the people in charge only being able to perceive the worth of anything in purely monetary terms.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #5991 on: 03 November, 2022, 06:41:37 pm »
The weird thing about this whole blue tick business is that by putting a price on them, he's stripping them of all their value. Surely even he is intelligent enough to see that?

Like so many areas of modern life, the problem stems from the people in charge only being able to perceive the worth of anything in purely monetary terms.

He's kind of forced himself into a position where he has to start charging.

Twitter doesn't make money. About the only revenue it gets is advertising, which means pandering to the requests of advertisers.

Musk wants Twitter to be independent of outside influences, particularly the tofuwokerati, so he has to get revenue from somewhere.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #5992 on: 03 November, 2022, 10:55:09 pm »
It could be "interesting"

Is he really against a confabulation that Braverman made up?

I really don't think she features on his list of "things to try and exploit and make money"
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5993 on: 03 November, 2022, 11:44:09 pm »
I think the Wokerati were in place already.  Braverman just supplied the tofu.

« Reply #5994 on: 04 November, 2022, 09:45:54 am »
Big gamble by Musk.  Twitter is not the must do draw that it used to be so turning away your followers inevitably reduces membership and traffic which in turn reduces advertising revenues.  Bringing in the polar opposite crowd to the "Wokerati" has worked really well on Truth Social, right?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #5995 on: 04 November, 2022, 11:23:44 am »
Quote from: Polar Bear
Big gamble by Musk...reduces advertising revenues.  Bringing in the polar opposite crowd to the "Wokerati" has worked really well on Truth Social, right?
Several multi-nationals have already announced that they are "pausing" advertising on Twitter.  Details on various news websites.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5996 on: 04 November, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »
Bringing in the polar opposite crowd to the "Wokerati" has worked really well on Truth Social, right?

The key appeal of twitter to the polar opposite crowd is that it's not just an echo chamber; there's an ample supply of wokerati and mainstream journalists (who, from a far right enough position appear to be wokerati) to get enraged by and abuse.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think the reverse is actually true.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5997 on: 04 November, 2022, 06:13:52 pm »
Space Karen the business genius is sacking half Twitter’s workforce :jurek:

ian

« Reply #5998 on: 04 November, 2022, 06:20:38 pm »
I'm rebadging my aphorism 'don't be a dick' to 'don't be an Elon.'

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5999 on: 04 November, 2022, 06:39:17 pm »
I'm seeing rumours that one of the sacked employees suspended Elon's account on their way out.  Probably isn't true, but would be funny.