Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896849 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6500 on: 24 July, 2023, 09:46:47 am »
Rachel Johnson prattling on on LBC about this being a free country and the rights and freedoms for Farage to bank with Coutts should be in essence, sacrosanct.

Clearly the erosion of rights and freedoms of ordinary people who are not part of her fascist chumocracy don't count ...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6501 on: 24 July, 2023, 09:52:04 am »
I rather enjoyed pointing out to the frog-mouthed fascist that I have a bank account to which I am strictly no longer entitled (I met the criteria very briefly many years ago) but my bank are happy to let me keep the account…

…probably because I am not a right wing c*nt who puts their reputation at risk. 
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6502 on: 24 July, 2023, 12:34:47 pm »
Everyone, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions. However, this is a double edged sword, and everyone also has the right to think you’re a c*nt for holding those opinions, and if they run a business and they think your opinions are likely to impact on their bottom line they have the right to not do business with you.

I wonder if there would be a similar uproar if, say, Greta Thunberg was the subject of similar business actions.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #6503 on: 24 July, 2023, 02:00:03 pm »
Banks have been closing left-wing activists' (especially those who support Palestine) bank accounts for years with no outcry... And Fartrage wasn't refused an account, he was refused a specific kind of account...

« Reply #6504 on: 24 July, 2023, 02:15:02 pm »
And as was pointed out by a corresponsdent to the Graun, there are hundreds if not thousands of UK citizens living in the EU who have had access to UK banking withdrawn post Brexit, cos the banks won't apply for the necessary permits
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #6505 on: 24 July, 2023, 02:20:58 pm »
Well we can't have all that lovely suss cash from Russia and elsewhere being declined now can we?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #6506 on: 24 July, 2023, 05:33:47 pm »
Just when you thought that Braverman couldn't sink any lower ... grauniad link
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #6507 on: 24 July, 2023, 07:08:44 pm »
Just when you thought that Braverman couldn't sink any lower ... grauniad link
For me, her defining behaviour was personally intervening in the case of a man who had british residency and went on holiday to SA. Because he had a conviction for cannabis possession with intent to supply, from over a decade ago, she declared him a dangerous person, not to be admitted to the UK.

Apart from the ridiculousness of that, the fact that she had the time to look at this and make a judgement proves her petty small mindedness, sheer vindictiveness. There are cabinet ministers who have admitted to being cocaine users, FFS.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #6508 on: 24 July, 2023, 07:45:38 pm »
Everyone, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions. However, this is a double edged sword, and everyone also has the right to think you’re a c*nt for holding those opinions, and if they run a business and they think your opinions are likely to impact on their bottom line they have the right to not do business with you.

I wonder if there would be a similar uproar if, say, Greta Thunberg was the subject of similar business actions.

I said similar earlier. Arbitrary denial of service on the basis of political belief is, I think, a dangerous slope. I think also a dangerous argument that someone, somewhere on a different axis of the political spectrum had a similar experience (I've no idea) so that makes it ok. Possibly the worst argument is the 'well, he could get an account elsewhere' for very obvious reasons.

Of course, it's a service and if he doesn't meet their T&Cs, then fair enough, but they should be clear about that (as I understand it, their rationale had to be legally pried from their paws). Rejoice the schadenfreude all we want, it's the sort of good press he thrives on. All good stuff for the bastion of the anti-establishment, the terror of the elites, who had – erm – a Coutt's bank account.

« Reply #6509 on: 24 July, 2023, 08:43:20 pm »
I watched an interview where a woman who was an "expert" and Farage were exchanging "points of view".  The woman had read the entire report from Coutts and pointed out that because his mortgage had been paid off his property was no longer regarded as an asset in terms of his wealth.   I don't know the status of the formerly mortgaged property but his financial assets held with the bank had dipped below the threshold for qualifying for a Coutts account.  The despicable nature of him as a person was an observation and probably taken into consideration (in my view) whether to overlook his financial status or not.   They made ostensibly a business decision. 

It seems that there are double standards at play.  A baker can refuse to bake a cake on the grounds of their religious beliefs and that's OK but a person who no longer qualifies for an account due to their financial status suddenly gets the weight of the fascist regime, it's politicians, cod influencers and commentators and the weasely vermin of the print media calling for justice.

This country is fucked up big time.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6510 on: 24 July, 2023, 09:26:10 pm »
The real beauty of this story is that both sides are in the wrong, both sides have achieved monumental levels of twattery.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #6511 on: 24 July, 2023, 10:49:29 pm »
The real beauty of this story is that both sides are in the wrong, both sides have achieved monumental levels of twattery.

Hands up who knew Farage banked with Coutts prior to them closing his account?

No, me neither.

Apart from anything else if this decision was about negative PR, then they need a new PR director.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6512 on: 24 July, 2023, 11:25:01 pm »
If they’d told him straight at the begin7that he no longer met their t&cs as he was now, in their eyes, a pauper he would have hrumphed, but probably not made a big noise about it. So I agree, they need a new communications manager at the very least.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6513 on: 26 July, 2023, 12:34:12 am »
I watched an interview where a woman who was an "expert" and Farage were exchanging "points of view".  The woman had read the entire report from Coutts and pointed out that because his mortgage had been paid off his property was no longer regarded as an asset in terms of his wealth.   I don't know the status of the formerly mortgaged property but his financial assets held with the bank had dipped below the threshold for qualifying for a Coutts account.  The despicable nature of him as a person was an observation and probably taken into consideration (in my view) whether to overlook his financial status or not.   They made ostensibly a business decision. 

It seems that there are double standards at play.  A baker can refuse to bake a cake on the grounds of their religious beliefs and that's OK but a person who no longer qualifies for an account due to their financial status suddenly gets the weight of the fascist regime, it's politicians, cod influencers and commentators and the weasely vermin of the print media calling for justice.

This country is fucked up big time.
The woman on Newsnight was Frances Coppola. She was very impressive, and she’s since posted this statement: https://open.substack.com/pub/coppolacomment/p/i-told-the-truth-and-i-will-not-apologise?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

« Reply #6514 on: 26 July, 2023, 08:13:45 am »
So yet again Farage has lied, blustered, damaged people and got more publicity for himself.

citoyen

« Reply #6515 on: 26 July, 2023, 10:30:25 am »
So yet again Farage has lied, blustered, damaged people and got more publicity for himself.

And achieved his principal goal in all this, which was to get the "woke" Alison Rose out of her job.

Cowing the BBC into making a craven apology (even though it was actually correct in what it said in its report) is a bonus.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6516 on: 26 July, 2023, 11:03:22 am »
And now he says the whole board of NatWest should resign.

He’s just a loathsome individual isn’t he.

« Reply #6517 on: 26 July, 2023, 11:17:22 am »
If Farage and the entire right wing insist upon accountability for their lies, deceit, corruption, ...

« Reply #6518 on: 28 July, 2023, 02:37:51 pm »
The bus driver that caused the old lady to have her legs amputated.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66318718
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #6519 on: 28 July, 2023, 03:31:59 pm »
I feel that he was lucky to get such a relatively lenient sentence.

« Reply #6520 on: 30 July, 2023, 11:26:42 am »
Sunak today with his ploy for the motoring vote.

« Reply #6521 on: 30 July, 2023, 11:38:06 am »
Scraping the dregs ...

citoyen

« Reply #6522 on: 30 July, 2023, 04:03:35 pm »
Sunak today with his ploy for the motoring vote.

It's hard to imagine what he's trying to achieve with the latest pronouncements. I've been working on a report on LTNs recently so I can tell him that they are already the subject of extensive reviews. Since the start of the pandemic, 120 new LTNs have been installed around London, most of them using emergency traffic orders. The ones that have proved not to be successful have been removed but the fact that over 100 of them are still in place tells its own story.

It's well established through numerous studies that they don't have an adverse impact on surrounding areas, and the evidence of their benefits is overwhelmingly in favour. What's more, the large majority of people who live and work in them actually like them.

So who exactly is he pandering to here?

He's a monumental fuckwit.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #6523 on: 30 July, 2023, 05:02:48 pm »
Quote from: citoyen
So who exactly is he pandering to here?
Sclerodexiamaniac tories.

Σκληρός - Hard. Also cruel, rough, harsh.
Δεχιά - Of or on the right.

P.S.  Frog-mouthed fascist has become my insult of choice. I love this forum.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6524 on: 30 July, 2023, 05:12:24 pm »
The batrachian bellend has just launched https://www.accountclosed.org   On no account should the “help” at that domain e-mail address be passed to the RNLI, purveyors of goat pr0n or the ECHR.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime