Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897368 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6600 on: 11 October, 2023, 03:05:32 pm »
The good news is that media irritant Lionel Shriver is leaving BRITAIN for Portugal, which is “culturally coherent”.  I imagine she’s in for a shock when she finds out that the among the ranks of ye Portingals may be found a substantial proportion of brown people with ancestors from southern Africa and/or the sub-continent.

Wait until she finds out that public support for transgender discrimination protection, for teens’ access to gender-affirming care and for trans access to facilities matching gender identity is higher in Portugal than in the UK (84% v 77%,  72% v 47% and 54% v 40% respectively).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6601 on: 11 October, 2023, 03:06:12 pm »
She’ll certainly have to wait a long time for the removal men to show up with their lorry full of her goods, chattels and copies of The Collected Poems of Ezra Pound.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6602 on: 11 October, 2023, 03:09:40 pm »
She’ll certainly have to wait a long time for the removal men to show up with their lorry full of her goods, chattels and copies of The Collected Poems of Ezra Pound.

I presume she'll end up in some English-speaking enclave in the Algarve, whinging with the other ex-pats about the locals...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6603 on: 11 October, 2023, 04:28:41 pm »
I like the idea of living in Europe,  it my deafness and dyslexia make learning a second language an extreme challenge, and I don’t feel I should try to live in another country without at least a smattering of the local tongue.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6604 on: 11 October, 2023, 07:48:38 pm »
Interestingly, my hearing loss is much less of a problem here in Germany because the language is far more specific and my high frequency hearing loss is not really significant in the way things are structured. In England I had difficulty distinguishing between is and isn’t, did and didn’t, et cetera. Which sometimes mean the main point of the question was not understandable for me. Did you put out the bins? I did. I didn’t. Both sounded the same to me.

In Germany, the negation is a separate word, so it’s actually much clearer for me to understand what is going on. Even in a noisy restaurant and trying to understand a second language I seem to have more general understanding of the conversation then I would in an English restaurant in my mother tongue.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #6605 on: 12 October, 2023, 08:34:08 pm »
Former F1 supremo and billionaire Bernie Ecclestone. Settled with HMRC for 625 million!!! The original amount was less but this includes interest and penalties. He has form for tax evasion here and abroad. Decided jail wasn't an option

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6606 on: 16 October, 2023, 11:36:57 am »
A return to the Twatheon for pretend politician Martin Daubney for xitting a photo of protesters waving flegs while standing on the plinth of a statue of Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery and complaining bitterly about them having the temerity to be Angry While Palestinian.  Problem is:
  • The photo was taken in June, and also
  • The flegs are Sudanese
The protesters were angry about the behaviour of the Sudanese government, y'see, and nothing to do with Hamas/Israel/Gaza/any other business at the far end of the Med.  Natch when apprised of this error the S-T deleted the xit immediately.

Only joking.  Of course he didn’t.  And trainee Super-Twat Darren “Crafty” Grimes has rexitted it :facepalm:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6607 on: 18 October, 2023, 06:28:12 pm »

« Reply #6608 on: 18 October, 2023, 07:28:34 pm »
The New European • The Shit List 2023
Excellent! I read it with Alistair Campbell's voice. Can't imagine why that is...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6609 on: 19 October, 2023, 11:10:10 am »
Just to prove that the coveted Super-Twat badge is sometimes awarded for acts of outstanding Twattery amongst the general public, take a bow and an S-T badge with oak leaf cluster, “Doncaster woman”: https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/doncaster-woman-thought-paragliders-were-hamas-attacking-the-city-361061/

« Reply #6610 on: 21 October, 2023, 10:43:47 am »
I am at an event collecting signatures for the Friends of the Earth United for Warm Homes campaign.

An ageing "gentleman" dismissed it as a gimmick.  His family home was cold and damp when he was a child and he's still here aged 87.  Oh, so that's OK then.

I was tempted to ask him if he was the defeated tory candidate for Tamworth ...

« Reply #6611 on: 21 October, 2023, 06:05:35 pm »
I am at an event collecting signatures for the Friends of the Earth United for Warm Homes campaign.

An ageing "gentleman" dismissed it as a gimmick.  His family home was cold and damp when he was a child and he's still here aged 87.  Oh, so that's OK then.

I was tempted to ask him if he was the defeated tory candidate for Tamworth ...
How many children did the family have, and how many are still around?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6612 on: 25 October, 2023, 01:12:29 pm »
Jeremy Cunt - going ahead with Kamikwaze's plan to scrap the limit on bankers' bonuses while threatening to break the triple lock on pensions so he can use a lower figure to calculate next year's increase.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6613 on: 25 October, 2023, 01:44:58 pm »
It's heartening to learn that even should Jeremy Rhyming-Slang stand down at the next election we have a ready-made substitute in the form of Ipswich MP Tom Rhyming-Slang, who avers that:

Quote from: Tom Cunt
If you walk into your town center, people speaking English is almost a rarity.

In Ipswich, the percentage of people having English as their first language is 92.4.  For this reason I concur with Mic “Brokenbottleboy” Wright, who called Hunt “you dogwhistling prick”.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6614 on: 25 October, 2023, 01:57:56 pm »
^^ Suffolk chav might count as a separate language
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #6615 on: 25 October, 2023, 02:48:10 pm »
It's heartening to learn that even should Jeremy Rhyming-Slang stand down at the next election we have a ready-made substitute in the form of Ipswich MP Tom Rhyming-Slang, who avers that:

In Ipswich, the percentage of people having English as their first language is 92.4.  For this reason I concur with Mic “Brokenbottleboy” Wright, who called Hunt “you dogwhistling prick”.

And it's "are almost a rarity" to boot.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6616 on: 25 October, 2023, 02:53:12 pm »
Ipswich is a bit lot of a dump, with many empty shops, but it’s not exactly noted for its proportion of non English speaking folk. Ironically, the chances are they any brown faces will belong to temporary immigrants whom will be on a 6 month rotation at the nearby labs and are probably being paid* more than many of the locally born population and will almost certainly be more highly educated.

*Even taking into account that they will be being paid as off shore employees because it’s cheaper than employing British graduates of computer science.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6617 on: 25 October, 2023, 05:16:41 pm »
^^ Suffolk chav might count as a separate language
again, our lack of applause smiley lets us all down.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #6618 on: 25 October, 2023, 05:46:29 pm »

Feeling somewhat let down by the Hon. Member for Ipswich. Surely for full effect he should have prefaced his remarks with the phrase "These days".
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6619 on: 25 October, 2023, 06:04:51 pm »
Thérèse "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" Coffey

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6620 on: 25 October, 2023, 06:19:16 pm »
She’s our MP in Suffolk Coastal, a bit further East than Ipswich. If you go any further east yo get wet feet. I’m not entirely sure if she knows where we are though as I understand that she lives in Bristol.

« Reply #6621 on: 25 October, 2023, 06:20:29 pm »
No difficulty in putting Thérèse in the "Super_Twat" category, but what she actually said was not unreasonable. She is a qualified scientist in combination with being a Super-Twat.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6622 on: 25 October, 2023, 06:26:12 pm »
According to my landlord whom is also a councillor, she’s actually good company when she’s not being a Tory super twat. But then, he does council for the blues, so he might be a bit biased.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6623 on: 25 October, 2023, 06:55:45 pm »
I expect Strong Drink is required to find Coffey in any way palatable.  And lots of it.

« Reply #6624 on: 25 October, 2023, 07:00:38 pm »
No difficulty in putting Thérèse in the "Super_Twat" category, but what she actually said was not unreasonable.
A quote of some sort would help to know what you're both talking about.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace