General Category > OT Knowledge

driving round london and congestion charge

(1/5) > >>

mrcharly-YHT:
Next week I have to drive to SE17 3AP from York. The next day I'm driving from their to N12, loading up, driving back to SE17.

As far as I can tell from the congestion map on TFL, I I use the A3204, A 100, over tower bridge, Commercial st, City road, A1 up to N12, then I skate round the congestion charge zone. Google maps tells me the route goes through toll roads.

Can anyone advise?

hellymedic:
Being car-free I only have a vague knowledge but AIUI the Congestion charge does not apply evenings and weekends, so the day chosen does matter.
The CC only applies to the central bit of central London.

mrcharly-YHT:
Good point. I'm driving Tuesday and Wednesday

Pickled Onion:
The google directions seem to think you enter and leave the CC zone at the Bricklayers Arms RAB, but you don't, it doesn't start until Gt Dover St.

None of that route goes into the zone, but you need to be careful to get in the right lane at several places or you could easily find yourself over the boundary.

Asterix, the former Gaul.:

--- Quote from: hellymedic on 27 August, 2015, 02:32:42 pm ---Being car-free I only have a vague knowledge but AIUI the Congestion charge does not apply evenings and weekends, so the day chosen does matter.
The CC only applies to the central bit of central London.

--- End quote ---

I was astonished at the traffic jams on the M25 as commuters tried to enter the zone before the charges applied.  Definitely avoid entering London very early.  Luckily we were going the other way.   I wouldn't be surprised if the other end of the period didn't cause congestion too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version