General Category > OT Knowledge

Grief

(1/1)

Poly Hive:
Going through it today and for the next while I suppose as the MIL was found gone this morning. Not looking for sympathy, she wanted to go due to pain in her legs. The wife is in a state, and what a strange feeling grief is. Comes in waves. One minute coping the next weeping.

Thank goodness for the dogs.

PH

Hot Flatus:
Time heals all wounds.

Sorry for your bad news (even if you didn't ask for sympathy!)

velosam:

--- Quote from: Poly Hive on 02 September, 2015, 05:55:50 pm ---

Thank goodness for the dogs.

PH

--- End quote ---
+1 to you

caerau:
As above.

I was forced to deal with the details of funeral and stuff when my father died (mother was on holiday and stayed there  ::-) >:( )  - this turned out to be terribly therapeutic as my brother and I spent about a week talking about him to those we were dealing with - this was helpful in dealing with the grief.  I would recommend this maybe if your wife is up to it.

Just a suggestion though, we all deal with it differently.  My thoughts are with you and you wife - tis a horrible thing.

mrcharly-YHT:
I wouldn't say that time heals the wounds of grief at all. The pain just fades into the backgrounds. It's like an injury to a joint; the joint still aches, you just get used to it.

Some aspects of grief ambush you. Having a nice time and feeling happy then stricken with an awful guilt for being happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version