Author Topic: eeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE  (Read 15468 times)

Clare

• Is in NZ
Re: eeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #50 on: 16 December, 2010, 03:52:10 am »
Road trains are scary and might I add, ouch  :(

Don't worry, the Jaffanaut is fine  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #51 on: 16 December, 2010, 06:30:02 am »
Jaffanaut  ;D  :thumbsup:

Boy or girl?

« Reply #52 on: 16 December, 2010, 08:27:12 am »
Road trains are scary and might I add, ouch  :(

Don't worry, the Jaffanaut is fine  :thumbsup:

On the way to Kal, I guess.

Hit any roos yet?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #53 on: 16 December, 2010, 02:43:36 pm »
Jaffanaut  ;D  :thumbsup:

Boy or girl?

???

It's an it, never had any gender.

On the way to Kal, I guess.

Hit any roos yet?

20km out of Albany on the way to Stirling Ranges, we had our first road train/bike incident, we'd just gone round a bend in the road and I was checking behind when an rt appeared around the bend, its driver didn't have time to pull out to the other side of the road and we didn't have time to stop before it got to us so we rode onto the gravel shoulder at about 20km/h, unfortunately the shoulder gave way, the front wheel washed out and down we went half on the shoulder and half on the road. Thankfully we were sliding sideways as well as forwards and were mostly off the road as 31 wheels thundered by.
Cuts and bruises only and we carried on the 70km to Stirling Ranges where the campsite owner sorted us out with cool packs and first aid stuff and made sure we were OK. the problems started when we set off towards Ongerup, I got really paranoid and we had to stop a few times because I was shaking uncontrollably and crying, I called all the trains accurately but unfortunately I also called three cars a minibus and a box van for which we stopped for no reason and each time a train went by safely I was thinking "that's one closer to the one I don't call." Not good! We bailed at Ongerup and got the bus to Espie, it's harvest time and there are huge rigs everywhere.

Anyway we've seen a fair few roos, more dead than alive (and smelt a lot of them too) but not hit one yet, is that another thing I should worry about?

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #54 on: 16 December, 2010, 02:49:18 pm »
Road trains don't sound like much fun.  I read your latest blog the other day - great stuff, keep the updates coming!