Author Topic: First tandem ride of the year  (Read 2741 times)

First tandem ride of the year
« on: 24 January, 2011, 08:45:05 pm »
Despite the first p*nct*r* and the cafe being closed, it was still brilliant, but my sons choice of burger king for lunch was  :sick:   -  Thought I was in the fishnishpishdish for a while.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: First tandem ride of the year
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2011, 08:59:37 pm »
We need to get our tandem out soon.  Glad you had fun :)
Getting there...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2011, 09:15:43 pm »
Every Monday evening I ride my tandem as "support vehicle" to a group of runners.  Panniers to carry spare kit, and an empty back seat to help anyone flagging.

Its "presence" on the road can be very useful in blocking junctions to allow the convoy of runners to get across.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Tim

« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2011, 09:58:34 am »
Strangely enough Monday was our first tandem outing of the year. Had a puncture too, but didn't go to burger king for lunch.

« Reply #4 on: 25 January, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
didn't go to burger king

Good decision. Our ride was Sunday in fact: I usually stop somewhere of my kids choice for  a rest/warm up/chips. Often it has been McD's, which is always an eye-opener for me. I just dont know why these places are so popular.

rdaviesb

« Reply #5 on: 02 February, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »
Ours will be on Deano's ride this Saturday!

« Reply #6 on: 07 February, 2011, 09:35:37 pm »
Our first of this year and my stoker's second ever tandem outing was at Deano's Yorks Pud ride. Darn good it were an'all. ;D

« Reply #7 on: 12 February, 2011, 06:01:52 pm »
We did our first tandem ride of the year and the first since Polly's double arthroscopy on January 5th.  We only did five flat miles, but it was good to back out on it. 

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #8 on: 16 March, 2011, 07:27:59 am »
Our first tandem outing of the year was surprisingly p*nc**r* free  :smug:, but did throw up a few other challenges.

Took out the other tandem for it's first ride of the year yesterday, 36km of glorious North Devon roads. For a good day on the bike, there's no need to go anywhere else, it was amazing.

« Reply #9 on: 26 June, 2011, 10:23:10 pm »
..and now the first tandem (or bike-based) treasure hunt. We rode this today, great fun event - so different to an audax.
Hidden Glasgow Alleycat // Sunday 26th June 2011 - Glasgow Fixed-Gear & Single-Speed

GlasgowDave

• Inside I'm smiling
    • Flickr Audax Group
« Reply #10 on: 25 July, 2011, 03:08:50 pm »
I wish I'd known about that. Good photo of you in there.

Dave
it takes a special talent to miss out on the Midnight Madness by sleeping in...