Author Topic: The Killing - Part 1 - what happened???  (Read 12185 times)

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
Re: The Killing - Part 1 - what happened???
« Reply #50 on: 29 March, 2011, 04:18:41 pm »
I can't believe they left the trailer in for series 2, and then didn't mention whether or not they'd be broadcasting it! Barstewards!
(at least they didn't on the iplayer version - anyone able to correct me?)
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #51 on: 29 March, 2011, 04:45:42 pm »
I still don't quite understand how the blood got in the flat.  The political flat. 

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #52 on: 29 March, 2011, 05:51:17 pm »
I can't believe they left the trailer in for series 2, and then didn't mention whether or not they'd be broadcasting it! Barstewards!
(at least they didn't on the iplayer version - anyone able to correct me?)

Autumn some time....

« Reply #53 on: 29 March, 2011, 07:19:43 pm »
I still don't quite understand how the blood got in the flat.  The political flat. 

AIUI ..  Leon takes Nanna to the flat to pick up the passport she'd left there. Realising she's running away he rings her father to let him know, however the rest of the family are away for the weekend and the phone is rerouted to Vagn. He goes to the flat to make her see 'reason' and knocks her about and eventually kills her. The rest of it is about everyone covering up for people when it would have been better to just come clean - unintended consequences.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #54 on: 29 March, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »
According to WIKI season II - "will be shown on BBC4 in the autumn of 2011" and there is a season III in production.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #55 on: 30 March, 2011, 10:31:34 am »
Really looking forward to the conclusion of The Killing tonight.  I thought that I'd just have a look to see what was replacing it on Saturday evenings on BBC 4.  Spiral series 3.  I can't wait.  ;D ;D

This is the French series that got me hooked on European thrillers before I'd even heard of Wallander.

I love Spiral

You might like to check out "Mesrine" on DVD.  It's a 3 parter in a similar mode to Spiral but following one man from the 1960s to today

« Reply #56 on: 30 March, 2011, 10:35:39 am »

AIUI ..  Leon takes Nanna to the flat to pick up the passport she'd left there. Realising she's running away he rings her father to let him know, however the rest of the family are away for the weekend and the phone is rerouted to Vagn. He goes to the flat to make her see 'reason' and knocks her about and eventually kills her. The rest of it is about everyone covering up for people when it would have been better to just come clean - unintended consequences.
Who killed Mette? Was that also Vagn, or Leon? What was Leon's role in all this, other than taxi driver and source of information to Vagn?

« Reply #57 on: 31 March, 2011, 12:04:19 pm »
Have you been watching "Episodes"? It's quite good, but you should realise it's not a documentary, otherwise I fear it will give you an ulcer                        ;)

Nope, watched the fist episode, but decided it wasn't a patch on Green Wing and stopped. A waste of talent.
I didn't realise the BBC shows such things.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #58 on: 31 March, 2011, 12:06:54 pm »
Thanks for that, citoyen, as it has revealed unto me the presence of a second series.  Some of it is set in Afghanistan so hopefully not pitch dark and/or bloody raining all the time :)
what do you expect in Copenhagen in November?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #59 on: 31 March, 2011, 01:07:48 pm »
Thanks for that, citoyen, as it has revealed unto me the presence of a second series.  Some of it is set in Afghanistan so hopefully not pitch dark and/or bloody raining all the time :)
what do you expect in Copenhagen in November?

Yebbut even when they were indoors no-one switched the bloody lights on.  The first time one got to see both sides of Hartmann's face at the same time was when Rie's replacement opened the curtains right at the end ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #60 on: 02 April, 2011, 09:47:21 am »

Thank you.  There were so many twists and turns that my feeble brain needed additional supporting subscripts.

Not to be outdone the Americans are releasing their version complete with jumper and pointy boots:
‘The Killing’ on AMC, Starring Mireille Enos - Review - NYTimes.com

« Reply #61 on: 02 July, 2011, 08:54:38 am »
The US version starts this Thursday on Channel 4.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #62 on: 14 July, 2011, 08:22:01 am »
Saw parts 1 & 2 the other evening. Excellent stuff.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex