Author Topic: Hase Pino help  (Read 6274 times)

stuartmmorrison

Hase Pino help
« on: 29 September, 2008, 10:25:17 pm »
Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about the ride on a  Hase Pino and where I might find one to try out.  I have never ridden tandem or recumbent although I am good on a normal bike.  I am very interested in buying 1 but would like to try it 1st.  The nearest shop that I can find that has 1 is in London (London Recumbants)and we are in Edinburgh. 

We have a 13 year old daughter with mild Downs Syndrome and we think that this bike could help her get the full thrill of cycling.  Balance and strength weaknesses will make it impossible for her to be independent with normal equipment.  I feel it is essential that we try this wonderful looking machine first before buying as there may be unforeseen problems.

If any one can help or give us some advice that would be great.  If not, then a trip to London seems the only solution.

Kind Regards

stuartmmorrison

Hase Spezialräder – producer of trikes, recumbent tandem trikes, handicap bikes – Pino Tour Flash

This is a link to the manufacturer if you are uncertain of the bike in question

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Hase Pino help
« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2008, 10:26:50 pm »
JD Cycles in Ilkley is well worth a visit.  Jamie will happily demonstrate the Pino.

Kinetics in Glasgow may have one.  I'll Google...
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2008, 10:28:57 pm »
Update:  Seems Kinetics list them, but no indication if they have a demo model.  Worth ringing Ben on 0141 942 2552
Getting there...

stuartmmorrison

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2008, 10:50:08 pm »
Update:  Seems Kinetics list them, but no indication if they have a demo model.  Worth ringing Ben on 0141 942 2552
ty JD only seem to list the race but i should call them to check. I will check with Kinetics also but I dont think he has them in stock.

Stu

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 29 September, 2008, 10:51:59 pm »
JD have two different models in stock generally.
Getting there...

stuartmmorrison

« Reply #5 on: 30 September, 2008, 11:36:47 am »
Thx Clarion,

Kinetics dont have one and Ben does not expect one until the Spring. However, JD do have a demonstrator and they have used it themselves.  We are planning a trip there shortly to try it out.  The staff (Ruth and John) were very helpful and spoke at great length about the machine. They also encouraged us to take more than 1 test drive.

JD do have both models on the web, it was my own failings that I never found them.

Thx again, you have saved us a long trip and I have got the advice that I needed.

Regards

Stu

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 30 September, 2008, 12:07:56 pm »
Stu

I am sure that you will enjoy your trip to JD.  They have a great atmosphere, ever willing to help, and no pressure.  With something unusual like the Pino, you really do need to try it out to know if it's going to suit.

Hope all works out - and enjoy being in such a beautiful part of the world when you're in Ilkley.  It's still a long trip for you, but hopefully a worthwhile one.

clarion
Getting there...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #7 on: 30 September, 2008, 12:14:42 pm »
Have you tried posting on velovision Phorum :: VV Discussion there might be someone near you that would let you have a tryout on theirs.

Rich.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #8 on: 30 September, 2008, 12:16:58 pm »
That's a brilliant idea I hadn't thought of.  Good man, Rich! :)
Getting there...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #9 on: 30 September, 2008, 12:18:03 pm »
I think that Kevin at DTek may have one you could try.  He's based in Little Thetford and his number is: 01353 648 177
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #10 on: 30 September, 2008, 12:22:53 pm »
There is, I think, at least one in Edinburgh that I've seen. Although it was at festival time so might have been a tourist. Might be worth trying through Spokes as the owner may be a member or at very least it's not a bike to go unnoticed amongst people who are members (awful website alert).

Laidback on here might be able to help as well - he's a 'bent bloke, and has a tandem and does 'bent tours of Edinburgh. He may well know who it is as well.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #11 on: 30 September, 2008, 05:04:58 pm »
Have you tried asking on the Tandem Club discussion board?

http://www.tandem-club.org.uk/_dboard.htm

You're welcome to have a go on our Pino, but I'm even further away than London Recumbents (where we bought ours 9 years ago). 

Or if Kinetics don't have one,perhaps they know who's got one locally. I've given test rides on mine for prospective customers of Future Cycles.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #12 on: 30 September, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »
I thought of you, Tim, and couldn't remember where you were based, but I guessed it wasn't convenient for edinburgh, unfortunately.
Getting there...

stuartmmorrison

« Reply #13 on: 01 October, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »
Hi All,

I have spoken to JD, Ben, London Recumbent and  Hase.  All have been very helpful.

I have discovered that Hase are bringing out a new Pino model at the turn of the year to replace the entry level Pino Tour.  The bike is going to be around the same price but the frame will be made of aluminium and it will fold in half for easier transportation.

I am still hoping to get  down to JD as soon as possible for a test ride.

I will post again when we have the bike and let you know how we got on. Thx for any help that you have given me.

Kind Regards

stuartmmorrison

stuartmmorrison

« Reply #14 on: 23 March, 2009, 11:52:54 am »
Hi again, 

well we finally have a Pino.  We bought it from J D Cycles and they were fantastic with us.  :thumbsup: ;D.  It is the new aluminium frame All Round model. Although the bike and extras ie double kick stand and hydralic roof lift for the car was £3000 without the VAT. We feel it was worth every penny. (we got VAT excemption as the bike is technically modified and for a disabled person)
The bike does exactly what we wanted it to do for our daughter. She has stability, freedom, comfort and confidence on the bike.  The bike is truly magnificent and a real head turner.  I am gonna try and get a good photo to post soon for you all to see.
If you know of anyone else who may benefit from this bike as our daughter has then I would be very happy to help them. I will leave my email at the end.  Thanks to you all who helped and I will post again soon with news of our adventures. ;) :-* ;D :thumbsup:

Regards

stuartmmorrison@googelmail.com 

boudinnoirsurvélo

« Reply #15 on: 23 March, 2009, 11:57:04 am »
Hi again, 

well we finally have a Pino.  We bought it from J D Cycles and they were fantastic with us.  :thumbsup: ;D.  It is the new aluminium frame All Round model. Although the bike and extras ie double kick stand and hydralic roof lift for the car was £3000 without the VAT. We feel it was worth every penny. (we got VAT excemption as the bike is technically modified and for a disabled person)
The bike does exactly what we wanted it to do for our daughter. She has stability, freedom, comfort and confidence on the bike.  The bike is truly magnificent and a real head turner.  I am gonna try and get a good photo to post soon for you all to see.
If you know of anyone else who may benefit from this bike as our daughter has then I would be very happy to help them. I will leave my email at the end.  Thanks to you all who helped and I will post again soon with news of our adventures. ;) :-* ;D :thumbsup:

Regards

stuartmmorrison@googelmail.com 

Aha! T'will be you I saw last week then (either Friday or Wednesday, can't remember which) heading east on the main road into the Meadows as I rode in the other direction. I looked across, saw the bike, thought, 'oooh, a Hase Pino!' and carried on quite pleased with the spot (not that you can miss it...  ;D).

Looks great too.

Anth

« Reply #16 on: 23 March, 2009, 11:57:53 am »
Fantastic news :D. Glad to hear it all worked out.
*waits on edge of seat for photos*

8)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #17 on: 23 March, 2009, 12:16:08 pm »
Great stuff - and more business for the lovely JD team as well! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
« Reply #18 on: 23 March, 2009, 05:02:25 pm »
Congratulations. Is a lovely bike. I had a look at one whilst at London Recumbents, and it seemed a marvellous idea.
Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US

stuartmmorrison

« Reply #19 on: 03 April, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »
Hi Folks,

finally worked out how to post photos. Here they are :thumbsup:

Picasa Web Albums - Stuart - Morgans Bike

Picasa Web Albums - Stuart - Morgans Bike

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #20 on: 03 April, 2009, 10:19:55 pm »
Umm... here they are

stuartmmorrison

« Reply #21 on: 03 April, 2009, 10:32:07 pm »
LOL wow, how did you do that ???

Oh and yes it probably was us on the Meadows in Edinburgh.  i have heard though there is some body else in Edinburgh with the same bike. :thumbsup:

« Reply #22 on: 04 April, 2009, 08:20:02 am »
What a smashing bike!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #23 on: 05 April, 2009, 09:14:00 pm »
Cool!  And it's red, so it must be fast. ;)
Getting there...