Author Topic: Airnimal invention  (Read 2872 times)

Airnimal invention
« on: 23 December, 2010, 08:45:50 pm »
Nice short video on something new they are working on at Airnimal . .  :thumbsup:',
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56904888@N08/5285690924/

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Airnimal invention
« Reply #1 on: 23 December, 2010, 08:48:49 pm »
Interesting.
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2 on: 23 December, 2010, 08:53:09 pm »
I really should not look at these things.....Still,when my lottery win comes up I'll know where to start spending ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 23 December, 2010, 08:55:03 pm »
That's very kind, jogler, but do remember to buy one for yourself, too ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 03 January, 2011, 02:00:50 pm »
Nice razor sharp disc exposed for slicing legs off fellow commuters in a Roman chariot stylee ...

mr_brooks

« Reply #5 on: 03 January, 2011, 02:18:22 pm »
I like my Airnimal VERY much, but in practice have found it limited as a commuting bike+train folder due to the inevitable muck invoved in folding via removing front wheel.

The old 'bike that folds rather than folding bike' distinction...

« Reply #6 on: 03 January, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »
It does improve the thing I didn't like about the Joey fold- handlebars dangling from the cables and the loose front wheel.

It's always going to be a bit too large a package for many commutes- it would depend on how crowded your regular train was.  Great for day rides and touring combined with train journeys. Or air travel, of course.

I bought one because I could stash it easily in our small flat. Since I've subsequently bought a TT bike, a 'cross bike and a road bike I've just got used to bikes everywhere. They make handy clothes-horses. Sold the folders.

As for the front wheel muck- true, but this version has discs so brake dust goo won't be such an issue after riding to the station in the rain.

Si

« Reply #7 on: 10 January, 2011, 11:24:29 am »
I used to commute with a Chameleon on the train - never found it much of a problem size wise - was only a few inches bigger than a Birdy.

True, it is a bit of pain having to take the wheel out, but dirt-wise the Birdy was worse, always got messy when folding the fork.

The gizmos that clip the Joey all together look nice, I just used an old toe strap and it did the same job of holding it in a single manageable package.