Author Topic: Grauniad interview. Lance Armstrong.  (Read 2044 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Re: Grauniad interview. Lance Armstrong.
« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2008, 12:20:49 pm »
So Lance considers himself so important that the French nation is being mobilised to bring him down (literally)? He really is up his own ass. Has he started referring to himself as 'we' yet?
Working my way up to inferior.

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #2 on: 21 November, 2008, 12:37:43 pm »
Don't forget that LA can have a sense of humour and is reasonably intelligent - I once watched a television interview he gave some years ago. If you looked at the actual words he used you may have come to the conclusion that he was delusional but adding in all the visual clues, he came across as bantering with the interviewer.
I am not trying to defend him - he is a driven and very self opinionated man - you have to be to get where he has - but don't judge him entirely by the written transcript of an interview.  ;)

« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2008, 12:42:30 pm »
And if people really are proposing linking arms or pushing him off his bike, that's really scary!

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2008, 11:12:32 am »
Remember that mountain time trial where he was spat on all the way up? He looked like a bukkake starlet by the time he crossed the finish line.

I think Bernard Hinault should give him some tips. He was not averse to punching spectators in the face if they got in his way.

« Reply #5 on: 24 November, 2008, 12:52:02 pm »
And if people really are proposing linking arms or pushing him off his bike, that's really scary!

Some years ago I met David Millar (I worked with his brother). He recounted how he'd been "elbowed" over the parapet of a bridge and into a river by French riders. And that was before he was well known.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ChrisO

« Reply #6 on: 24 November, 2008, 07:45:02 pm »
He doesn't read the Sunday Times - definitely going up in my estimation.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου