Author Topic: Volta Ciclista a Catalunya  (Read 1314 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Volta Ciclista a Catalunya
« on: 25 March, 2014, 01:58:59 pm »
I am surprised there is no thread on this yet.

Yesterday's first stage saw a great show of force and tactics from Nibbles, only for him to drop back into the pack near the end.

The finish saw a very large bunch sprint, with Luca Mezgec, of Giant Shimano just clinching it on the line.

Today's stage should be interesting, but tomorrow's is the one I really am looking forward to as they will be passing over roads myself and Ham took last year, albeit the opposite way to how we did them.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

Re: Volta Ciclista a Catalunya
« Reply #1 on: 26 March, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »
Yesterday's stage (2) was wet, very very wet.  Another bunch finish, but Mezgec clinched it again.

I won't get to see today's until the highlights later, but I am looking forward to it.  As with any of the grand tours the first few days are about chest beating and plumage fluffing, the real racing starting once in the mountains proper...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

Re: Volta Ciclista a Catalunya
« Reply #2 on: 20 March, 2015, 07:49:19 am »
Have been that wrapped up in work (and the 300 mile commute) that I hadn't realised that this years race starts on Monday.

Looks like the same old stages, I don't know if I am othered about the race this year, but the scenery is always stunning!