Author Topic: Whats wrong with me ?  (Read 2859 times)

RogerT

• Playing with a big steamy thing
Whats wrong with me ?
« on: 05 May, 2008, 05:50:21 pm »
Not sure what to make of what is afflicting me, any advise appreciated..

Temperature control seems to have failed, I am either pouring sweat like a fountain or shivering uncontrollably, headache that makes it painfull just to turn my head, let alone look at anything, and just dont fancy eating or beer..( This is the serious concern ).

Tickly throat and a cough that varys between dry and very wet. ( uck !! )

Also got a revolting metallic taste in my mouth.

Had it for about 5 days now and it doesnt seem to be getting any better..is it just a case of let nature run its course ?

( I only ask because illness and me are not 2 things that regularily go together )

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
Re: Whats wrong with me ?
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2008, 05:54:59 pm »
Anything for more than a week, go and see a doctor. Similarly, anything involving blood, weight loss. Asking people on a cycling internet forum is not really advisable.

« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2008, 05:57:54 pm »
What do your tonsils and throat look like?

Doctor for you my boy.

« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2008, 08:25:21 pm »
If it's still bad tomorrow and/or Weds, go see the doctor. 

I assume you're staying home from work?  (With those symptoms I'd bloody hope so, but people can be very peculiar sometimes!)

« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2008, 09:25:29 pm »
I'd say "The Flu" (which is obviously a relatively useless description).  I've certainly had a generalised lurgy for a week or so that's had symptoms very similar to what you describe.

On the other hand, as others have said, if you are in the least bit worried, and if the symptoms aren't getting any better, then maybe a visit to your GP is called for.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2008, 11:02:17 pm »
Go to the quack!
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #6 on: 05 May, 2008, 11:08:21 pm »
Never fails to amaze me. I recall in the other place a certain honourable member posting that they had been experiencing severe abdominal pains, persistent vomiting, and I don't what else, for days, and the chosen course of action was to ask on a bike forum.

Not sure what to make of what is afflicting me

You are sick.

;D

Get well soon.

« Reply #7 on: 06 May, 2008, 09:24:25 am »
Like everyone else has said, go see a doctor or a NHS Walk In centre near you.

(And I'm not a doctor either, so the following certainly doesn't count as advice.)

Also got a revolting metallic taste in my mouth.

Blood has a copper-like taste and could be coming from some blood vessels in the back of the nose (especially if you've had a git of a cold and a fever.) If any blood is coming up with the cough then I'd be considering A&E.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

RogerT

• Playing with a big steamy thing
« Reply #8 on: 06 May, 2008, 02:02:37 pm »
Well, without so much as a "bye bye" I woke this morning to find all symptons virtually dissapeared.  Very strange  ::-)

« Reply #9 on: 06 May, 2008, 02:12:09 pm »
Well, without so much as a "bye bye" I woke this morning to find all symptons virtually dissapeared.  Very strange  ::-)

So all that well-meant advice was clearly wrong. Posting your symptoms to a bike forum obviously is the way to get better.

The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #10 on: 06 May, 2008, 03:33:42 pm »
I've had that twice (2000 and last Christmas); like mild flu but without any cold-type symptoms.  It's just a viral infection.

Be careful when riding again; I blacked out twice on my first commute because these things can also mess with your MHR.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.