Author Topic: Nespresso machine power requirements  (Read 1654 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Nespresso machine power requirements
« on: 16 September, 2017, 01:46:33 pm »
How much power does a Nespresso machine use? Specifically, the Magimix Inissia -
 http://www.magimix.co.uk/products/BREAKFAST/Nespresso/Inissia/

There's no information on the machine itself that I can see, nor in the instructions or on the Magimix website.

Reason for asking is need to work out if it's ok to connect it to a socket with a 6A supply. The plug is fitted with a 10A fuse but that don't necessarily mean nuffink.

NB this thread is not asking about the pros and cons of Nespresso machines. Fwiw, I was against getting it in the first place but that ship has sailed.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Re: Nespresso machine power requirements
« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2017, 01:50:36 pm »
The spec says 1260 W. That will be around 5.5 A with a 230 V supply.

Unlike the vacuum cleaner mentioned in https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=104993.0, the Nespresso machine will use nearly all of it's power in a heater, so Power = Volts * Amps will work almost perfectly.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2017, 01:55:00 pm »
Thanks Diver. Just managed to find the info myself - it was in the manual all along, must have overlooked it first time.  :facepalm:

220-240V, 50-60Hz, 1150-1260W

It's the heater part of the equation that bothered me, but since it's only heating an espresso's worth of water at a time, I guess it won't be as hungry as a kettle or toaster or vacuum cleaner.

So it's probably OK to use it, just make sure nothing else is being powered at the same time...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »
Yes, electric heaters come in all sizes. You've got away with it this time.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...