Author Topic: Cycle ride last night - Lots and lots of courtesy!  (Read 1621 times)

ABlipInContinuity

Cycle ride last night - Lots and lots of courtesy!
« on: 24 September, 2008, 04:17:31 pm »
Maffie and I took the cycle trailer to do the shopping last night.

...And to a total amazement, every bus that overtook us gave loads of space. That was about 8 buses in total. Every single one. I thought we were dreaming but a fully stocked up larder seems to suggest otherwise.

Even the taxi drivers (bar 1) were courteous.

Jezza

Re: Cycle ride last night - Lots and lots of courtesy!
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:19:33 pm »
See? It's much less stressful when you take it easy.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:22:42 pm »
The trailer makes the bike BIG and gives courtesy and space.

Fi

« Reply #3 on: 24 September, 2008, 04:58:37 pm »
I rode about 7 miles on Saturday with full panniers.  Part of the ride was along a road where cars usually give you no room at all as it's narrow and busy.  With the panniers on, I was given a lot more room than usual.  Much nicer.

« Reply #4 on: 24 September, 2008, 06:05:45 pm »
I need bigger panniers, I think. I hardly ever ride without at least one on the bike.

I rode about 7 miles on Saturday with full panniers... With the panniers on, I was given a lot more room than usual.  Much nicer.
So, after a lot of thought, I'd like to reconsider. Please, if it's not too late, make it a cheeseburger.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #5 on: 24 September, 2008, 06:07:23 pm »
It's the trailer effect. I remember it well.

« Reply #6 on: 24 September, 2008, 07:16:41 pm »
Yes, a trailer makes all the difference.
I've come to like using my panniers for the same reason. I usualy ride around with almost empty panniers now. Also very handy if I need some shopping. Saves me trying to cram it into a saddlebag.

alan

« Reply #7 on: 25 September, 2008, 07:43:00 am »
I used to enjoy the same consideration when using the kiddy trailer with one or both the grand-daughters on board.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #8 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:09:44 am »
I used to enjoy the same consideration when using the kiddy trailer with one or both the grand-daughters on board.

I got the same when towing the kiddie trailer loaded with camping gear and an air rifle in case prominently sticking out the top (Not in UK).

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

alan

« Reply #9 on: 25 September, 2008, 09:26:38 am »

I got the same when towing the kiddie trailer loaded with camping gear and an air rifle in case prominently sticking out the top (Not in UK).

..d

;D ;D :thumbsup: