Off Topic > Arts and Entertainment

What was the last film you watched?

<< < (820/2092) > >>

T42:
The Titfield Thunderbolt. Excellent.

spindrift:
Passport to Pimlico is on now, Film 4. Margaret Rutherford is wonderful.

Paul:
Reservoir Dogs.

First saw this in c 1991 - at/not long after its release, I think. My companion had to leave to be sick about 15 seconds into the scene after the opening credits. I remember thinking that I was watching something different, that this was a different way of making films.

I've seen it many times since. Actually, I decided that I preferred Pulp Fiction (though I don't know that it is accurate/fair to compare the two).

However, I've just watched it with Suzy, who had somehow not seen it before tonight. Watching it with someone who was doing so for the first time made me see it very differently. It appeared to me to be raw and challenging again.

Hell of a film.

Kim:
The Andromeda Strain (the proper 1971 version).  Probably my all-time favourite film - science fiction with a story lead by the science, complete with aliens and lasers and microscopes and atom boms and timesharing computer systems and authentic 60s lab equipment and frustrating engineering cockups.  All it needs is a better Bechdel score.

sg37409:
Mud.
Really enjoyed it. Hadn't heard of it at all until a friend recommended. Really rite of passage film. Nice cinematography on the river, watchable with family and a strong story on a few different threads.  Highly recommend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version