Author Topic: Anyone want a Windcheetah restoration project?  (Read 1768 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Anyone want a Windcheetah restoration project?
« on: 22 September, 2017, 11:25:44 am »
Dear all,
A few of you may recall that back in 2011, I mentioned that a friend had been killed whilst riding his Windcheetah, and that I wanted to help in the investigations.  I was given much guidance, which helped me through the difficult time.

Some while later, I was asked by the family to "deal with" the windcheetah, so I collected it from the recovery place, and its remains have been in my shed ever since, because I've never really been able to face it.  I did check the straightness of some components such as hubs, but the wheels are largely scrap, and there is no seat.  it had modestly priced componentry, and apparently had an extended boom as the rider was around 6ft 2ins tall.

I need to remove these sad remnants from my shed, which has partially collapsed (partly because the shed had become a no-go area for me due to having this reminder of my deceased friend in it) and I'm moving house in a month anyway.

Does anyone want to take it on and restore it?  I can put photos I took of the bits back in 2011 on a google album and give the link to anyone who may be interested (or post it here).  All I'd want for it is a promise of a decent donation to the RNLI.

I live in Purbrook, in South Hampshire.  I cannot deliver it, sadly, its not going to fit in a Skoda Citigo!
Wombat

Re: Anyone want a Windcheetah restoration project?
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2017, 11:30:38 am »
Very much interested -  :thumbsup:

It's quite a trip down for me, but my sister lives in Fareham, so I can combine a visit to her.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Wombat

« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2017, 11:32:53 am »
Not far from Fareham!  Deadline is October 15th, so if you can sort something out it would be good.  I'll sort the photo album in the next day or so.
Wombat

« Reply #3 on: 22 September, 2017, 11:45:15 am »
I'm camping this weekend, going to a gig on the 7th Oct, so it would probably need to be next Sunday if that's possible.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #4 on: 22 September, 2017, 12:10:41 pm »
WJ, If you can't get down here before the 15th we can always store it in our garage in Portsmouth for a short while.

Wombat

« Reply #5 on: 22 September, 2017, 04:25:36 pm »
I think we've got a workable scheme going here...  I'll get the photo album sorted. 

Lots of house moving things to sort, all complicated by not having a house to move into  :( 
Wombat

« Reply #6 on: 22 September, 2017, 04:58:28 pm »
If WJ declines, then can I get second dibs?
My current trike project is very much a result of Windcheater lust from when I saw first saw one in Richards Bicycle Book!

Wombat

« Reply #7 on: 22 September, 2017, 05:53:09 pm »
Album of pics is here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/KlDezVmEdE26HuJr1

DuncanM, yes, you're definitely second in the (short) queue!

I've been avoiding this issue for years, because its a bit uncomfortable for me  (the issue, not the trike!)
Wombat