Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have read the thread and two things appear to be clear.

1. Flashing lights are picked up earlier.

2. They are harder to judge the distance of.

The real question does not appear to have been asked.

Does this matter in the real world? Does the earlier notice reduce collisions? Or does the flashing and confusion of senses cause more?

All I know is that I have felt my brain getting muddled when in groups with multiple flashing lights and on a few occasions I have had to stop, let the group go and continue alone.

As a car driver as well I do not think the flashing lights help cyclists. Two good rear lights on steady is good and front flashing lights tend to cause confusion.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Peter on Today at 07:36:49 pm »
Also, what’s in the handbag that makes her so scared of it?  The OBR?  George Soros?  A camembert?

Lettuce.
;D

Surely an attended Prime Minister represents a terrorist threat?
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by fd3 on Today at 07:29:41 pm »
Yeah, posted on another thread about this.
Ase gravy of the highest order.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 07:00:33 pm »
Khushi has bashed 53 off 31 deliveries and as I type he’s been caught at slip. Essex 62 for 1.
Clearances are tighter with these pivots, so the brake arms don't rattle on the bosses. Dia-Compe 986 (back in the early '90s?) was about the first model of cantilever brake I became aware of that didn't pivot on the fork/ frame boss but no doubt there were earlier examples.

We have a wide range of Tektro mini-Vs here to compare. Cheap ones pivot on the boss (jam up quickly and rattle), medium models have plated steel pivots (take a little longer for dirt and corrosion to jam them) and the most expensive use SS pivots (still jam but rarely).
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by phantasmagoriana on Today at 06:39:54 pm »
Well, despite fearing the worst, customer service got back to me - my keys should be mailed out next week. :thumbsup:

I shall pause my urge to buy an angle grinder for now...
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 06:39:35 pm »
Yes, I just stumbled across Essex v Lancs by accident.
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 06:38:05 pm »
I've just discovered that championship matches are being shown live  on YouTube.
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by MsG on Today at 06:34:51 pm »
I’ll be on my “green hornet” recumbent, yellow seat bag, orange bar tape, green (and yellow) windproof, plus  my new Cinelli cycling cap is coming out for its first outing.  Starting at 8am at earliest, or 8:30am if train shenanigans.

Likely to start about 0820. I won’t be on the Light Blue Robinson steel orange bike for a change but will be wearing mostly orange as usual.
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by MsG on Today at 06:32:51 pm »
thanks for the trivia MsG! Love a bit of derelict building trivia, and I had no idea that was there. However is that kept that free of water?!

Blimey, I hope this stormy weather passes through tonight. I'm just south of Cambridge - we had some really heavy showers this morning. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, I'm the one with a pink gilet and a loadsa badges on my carradice.
We had hail this morning in Ely too.

The ROC floods as people mucked about with the hatch. There were ROCs roughly every 15 miles. Some were removed or filled in but others remain. The ventilation / access shaft is easy to  pick out once you know what you’re looking for http://www.roc-heritage.co.uk/underground-posts.html

The building to the left of the Chettisham level crossing has an interesting background too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10