Author Topic: And next, the Garmin 1000  (Read 1482 times)

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Re: And next, the Garmin 1000
« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »
Some more details from DC Rainmaker: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/04/garmin-edge-1000.html

It has some interesting new features, like connecting to Di2 gears, so it can record what gear you are in. Plus wifi and Bluetooth for uploading or connecting to a phone. And OSM based maps loaded as standard, similar to the Edge Touring.
It is a fair bit bigger than the Edge 800, with a bigger screen.

« Reply #2 on: 09 April, 2014, 06:14:01 pm »
What happened to the Garmin Edge 900???

« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »
nd not significantly different in price from my Sony Xperia Z Ultra which does the job equally as well when not being used as a phone or minitablet.  I knew the world would catch up with me eventually ;D
Clever enough to know I'm not clever enough.

« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2014, 08:45:28 am »
No matter how good this device is, Garmin's Achilles heel is their software. At present, their Garmin Connect iPhone app is awful: buggy, slow, unreliable. There have been several recent updates which have improved it, a bit, but until they get that sorted out, many of the connectivity features will not live up to their promises.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 14 April, 2014, 08:59:46 am »
Their processors are slow too, and the acquisition of satellites. my 810 takes ages to process a route I put into it, and also takes ages to get satellites.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #6 on: 14 April, 2014, 09:43:18 am »
Garmin’s other Achilles Heel is their ‘Customer Quality Insights’ Department, if one exists?

By now, they should have got the message there are thousands of cyclists all around the world who simply like to ‘point and shoot’ in the same manner as a motorist uses their Satnav.

It is not beyond the wit of man ( not beyond the wit of TomTom, but Garmin apparently ) to adapt a CYCLING GPS to behave just like a car SatNav, with the facility to pre-plan a route.