Off Topic > The Pub

Treasure Hunt Formats

<< < (2/2)

Russell:
Hmm, some interesting ideas there.  Thanks all.

L CC:

--- Quote from: madcow on 17 July, 2018, 01:48:34 pm ---Tactics become just as important as physical ability ,especially if late return is heavily penalised.

--- End quote ---
And that's exactly what happened. Teams of stronger riders went for big gains but the 'slower' teams still could match them if they played canny.

mrcharly-YHT:

--- Quote from: madcow on 17 July, 2018, 01:48:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: fboab on 17 July, 2018, 10:07:26 am ---My old club did a team one where there was a weighting- distant clues attracted more points. You also had to time the return exactly- too late or too early back at base and there were penalties. It meant you spent the first 5 mins planning where your team would go, and then some on/ off road fun, too. I remember it being an excellent morning out.

--- End quote ---

That’s like orienteering ,where the controls that are furthest away from the start  or are difficult to reach for other reasons, have the most points allocated to them. You can go for the big ones or collect an accumulation of points from lower scoring ones.
Tactics become just as important as physical ability ,especially if late return is heavily penalised.

--- End quote ---
That is a variant of orienteering called 'rogaining'. Classic orienteering has a fixed course. I used to do well at rogaining by being good at navigation and taking very direct routes over difficult terrain.

I like Cudz' idea of mixing up the clues a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version