Author Topic: Help wanted for unique cycling charity  (Read 2349 times)

Help wanted for unique cycling charity
« on: 22 November, 2014, 06:19:56 pm »
Charlotte's Tandems is a registered charity that lends tandems and tag-alongs to people with disabilities or additional needs all over the UK for FREE, so that they can enjoy the wonders of cycling on the open road.

Our helper in Rugby can't help us anymore, so we need someone to take over from him. He currently has three tandems of ours, but we may be selling one soon.

We are also needing a Helper in Northern Ireland, to look after our one tandem there.

The role of the helper involves arranging for Borrowers to come and collect tandems from them and then at the end of the hire period (normally two months or so) to receive the tandems back and then arrange for the next Borrowers to come and collect the tandems. Most helpers enjoy meeting the Borrowers and helping them to love cycling.

Our borrowers have a whole range of disabilities: mainly these are autism, visual impairments, learning difficulties.

Please see our website, CharlottesTandems.co.uk, for lots more info and lots of pictures of people having fun on our bikes.

I hope you can help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alex
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
Registered Charity 1148053
CharlottesTandems.co.uk

Re: Help wanted for unique cycling charity
« Reply #1 on: 22 November, 2014, 06:29:09 pm »
I am in Rugby and am willing to help but I do not have secure storage for the tandems.   Do you have independent storage facilities?

« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »
Thanks, Polar Bear, it would be great if you could help us.
No, you'd have to sort out storage.  We try to make sure that our tandems aren't stored for too long.  We like them to be with our Borrowers for the vast majority of the time.
Let me know if you can find somewhere to store them and then please contact me via our website.
Best wishes,
Alex
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
CharlottesTandems.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »
If Polar Bear is unable to help us, then as we don't yet have anyone in the Northampton, Kettering, Peterborough area, the tandems from Rubgy could go there, if there is anyone there that could help.
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
CharlottesTandems.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2014, 04:52:14 pm »
We also now need a Helper in or near Hampshire.
Please let me know if you can help or know someone who might be able to help.
Alex
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
CharlottesTandems.co.uk

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #5 on: 12 December, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »
If Polar Bear is unable to help us, then as we don't yet have anyone in the Northampton, Kettering, Peterborough area, the tandems from Rubgy could go there, if there is anyone there that could help.

I can probably help, I could store them in Pitsford (near Northampton).

« Reply #6 on: 12 December, 2014, 06:28:14 pm »
Thanks Pedal Castro.

Could you drop me an email, info@CharlottesTandems.co.uk

So could you be our Helper?  We try not to store tandems for too long, we like tandems to be with our Borrowers for the vast majority of the time.

Best wishes,
Alex
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
CharlottesTandems.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: 10 January, 2015, 12:16:15 pm »
Still needing a Helper in or around Hampshire.  If we don't get one soon there we will have to sell our tandems there and people won't be able to borrow one.

Please, can someone help?

Alex
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
CharlottesTandems.co.uk