Author Topic: Audax doubles  (Read 4955 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Audax doubles
« Reply #25 on: 20 January, 2019, 05:51:18 pm »

In 2005, Richard Leon did Madrid-Gijon-Madrid 1200 and LEL back to back. I think there was a travel/ LEL registration day between them though.

We had two separate interviews with Richard in the 2005 LEL film, one at Thorne, at 2.36 in this video,
Damon, 2:36 is a charming cooling tower vista. At 1:58ish there is a tired chap with a French accent - is that him?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #26 on: 20 January, 2019, 06:01:52 pm »
That is the one. A good bloke all round.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #27 on: 20 January, 2019, 06:13:05 pm »
it's easy to get distracted by the sight of those we won't be seeing again. In this case Bernard Mawson, Peter Coulson, and Jim Gresty.
I went for a bit of a ride earlier, wearing John Radford's old thermal top, so it's a day for nostalgia.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #28 on: 20 January, 2019, 07:18:09 pm »
Dave Lewis and Rocco too. Sorely missed.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 20 January, 2019, 08:07:37 pm »
Peter Coulson was still alive when I spoke to him last week...

« Reply #30 on: 20 January, 2019, 08:31:50 pm »

Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking of Mick Potts, who I last saw at the Thorne control in 2005. Not a double for Peter, but another well-respected and tall Audax legend.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #31 on: 20 January, 2019, 08:50:02 pm »

Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking of Mick Potts, who I last saw at the Thorne control in 2005. Not a double for Peter, but another well-respected and tall Audax legend.

OIC...

PC posts as Giraffe here and has been active not long ago (There is a Pete Coulson on yacf too.).