Author Topic: Keep the greenhouse?  (Read 2092 times)

Keep the greenhouse?
« on: 07 November, 2008, 04:55:40 pm »
We 'inherited' a 6'x8' glass greenhouse.  It has a few broken panes, and is growing a junk mountain at present.  Is there any reason to keep it?  I've no real desire to grow veg.  Can anyone come up with a persuasive reason to hold on to it, or perhaps dump it immediately?  Mrs ao, seems to be more attached to it - but I'm the gardener...   ;)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Keep the greenhouse?
« Reply #1 on: 07 November, 2008, 04:57:45 pm »
You can grow flowers in it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 07 November, 2008, 04:59:02 pm »
Yes.  Do keep the greenhouse, if it's not absolutely falling down.  You'll find something you want to grow in there.  If not veg, then cuttings & seedlings before planting out.  Or overwintering more sensitive plants.
Getting there...

Si

« Reply #3 on: 07 November, 2008, 08:19:40 pm »
Put the turbo trainer in it then you can pretend you are night riding without the risk of rain, ice, cars, etc  ;D

« Reply #4 on: 07 November, 2008, 09:04:12 pm »
If you are getting rid of it, put it on freecycle. Someone will be glad to dismantle it, cart it away and make good use of it.

That's how I got mine.  :thumbsup:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #5 on: 08 November, 2008, 09:41:55 am »
Noooooooooooooo dont bin the greenhouse. firstly they are so versitile and secondly i'll cry id love a greenhouse. Give it some love   :-* btw home grown veg are the best  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 14 November, 2008, 04:28:44 pm »
Thanks.  On the Keep it:Freecycle it  - I'm now about  35:65%

The real problem is that it's holding up my plans for a nice new 10x8 shed... ;)  Unless I come up with some new inspiration as to siting it somewhere else.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson