Author Topic: Bored of the lurgi  (Read 964 times)

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Bored of the lurgi
« on: 03 October, 2012, 11:35:54 am »
Fed up of the lurgi.

I got an utter drenching 10 days ago on a charity cycle ride. Two days later I came down with a lurgi (a bit off-balance, feeling weak). After a few days I started to feel that my neck was a bit swollen (lymph glands?) and took off my necklace as it felt as though it was too tight, though it wasn't that. I felt better generally in the afternoons and after a few days felt a bit more normal (less off balance) so went out on some short cycle rides, still feeling quite weak.

Sunday I felt a fair bit better so cycled to church. Felt a bit feeble while there but cycled back OK, then had an OK afternoon, but Monday felt really feeble again. I visited the doc on Tuesday who suggested it's something viral/bacterial I'm fighting off and to keep resting (and not cycling) for several days after I feel more human. If I'm still dodgy after another week she suggests a blood test or two.

So here we are, 8 days in and I'm bored and still weak and feeble (just took the dog for a short walk and that was plenty). At least I'm not as off-balance as I was but the computer is still moving slightly as I sit here and type (it's fine when in bed and on the iPad) and my neck has gone a bit tight again. Normally when I get something like this it's over in a few days - is this a sign of old age? Can I really expect another week of this? Grrrrrr.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Bored of the lurgi
« Reply #1 on: 03 October, 2012, 11:39:10 am »
You need cake. Lots of cake.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Re: Bored of the lurgi
« Reply #2 on: 03 October, 2012, 11:44:25 am »
I have just finished the wedding anniversary fairy cakes James made for me.

I wondered initially if I had over-sugared when feeling odd. Also had my blood pressure checked (fine) and an ECG (also fine, because I had reported a v high heart rate on my charity ride, 56 miles at avg 155bpm, which has happened before when I've been sickening for a cold)
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk