Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 06:13:58 am »
L'Enfer c'est Les Autres - Half Man Half Biscuit
OT Knowledge / Re: Apostophy?
« Last post by Andy W on Today at 06:06:41 am »
Ill never renounce my religeous beliefs.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 05:58:21 am »
Wordle 1,053 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#LeMOT 850 3/6

⬜🟦⬜⬜⬜
🟧⬜⬜🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
#LeMotLeJeu

https://www.solitaire-play.com/lemot/
OT Knowledge / Re: Apostophy?
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 12:03:38 am »
It's got far too much exposure...
On The Road / Re: 'War on Motorist'
« Last post by Jaded on Yesterday at 10:55:46 pm »
I'm a bit shocked too. I thought perhaps that the Civil Service would have a role in making it more even-handed, just in order to make it actually return representative views.

Civil Service, you say? Standing in the way of our elected representatives? I think not!
Audax / Re: BP history
« Last post by Shabbypedals on Yesterday at 10:12:19 pm »
ACP and UAF organise some sub-200km brevets but they were originally intended mostly for wives and children while the blokes rode 200+km (it was quite a while ago). AUK followed ACP's example and expanded it. Audax Oz, RUSA and some randonneuring organisations in Canada organise sub-200km brevets, mostly derived from AUK ex-pats. Only Audax Oz has quite a few sub-200s.

FFCT covers a range of brevets, most of them not as codified as ACP's brevets. ACP and UAF are both within FFCT's overarching event calendar/ system.

It'a  shame we don't have a competent equivalent of the FFCT in the UK.

Indeed a shame
OT Knowledge / Re: Witnessing form signing... doc rejected
« Last post by andyoxon on Yesterday at 10:05:58 pm »
Company has sent back the forms, because a diff doc copy of original which was 'certified' incorrectly.  The solicitor just 'signed' e.g. A&B, for A and B Solicitors, rather than their actual name, so that an individual didn't sign.  Company person being a 'jobs worth', or a real blunder by solicitor?
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by Wowbagger on Yesterday at 09:40:10 pm »
I have yet to see a swift over my garden this year, but I'm told they are around and about.
Food & Drink / Re: Bars on the Belgian Coast
« Last post by Ham on Yesterday at 09:30:27 pm »
can anyone recommend any places with a good selection of beers?

That'll be Belgium.

You can't go wrong with the whole run Zebrugge to De Panne, it is all built for tourists. Tourists who like beer, mostly. Hop off the train anywhere that takes your fancy (there's a lot of bike hire along there, too)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10