Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143227 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #1000 on: 16 December, 2023, 08:26:35 am »
I think with all of this stuff it depends where you live.

I'm in a semi-rural location. The Evri lady is great. She knows is now, and we know her. I've known the ParcelForce guy for 20 years. Also the DPD guy is usually the same bloke.  All of them are amenable and use their common sense.

« Reply #1001 on: 16 December, 2023, 08:45:30 am »
Nice!

Don't be too hasty, it's still a printer.
We're talking about courier deliveries. ::-)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #1002 on: 16 December, 2023, 09:26:27 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets please.  Is it going to be:
 - My parcel arrives tomorrow proving that a) the vendor is an honest and efficient company and b) WeWorldExpress are a highly efficient delivery company but c) don't have the first clue about tracking.  or
 - Some combination of a), b) & c) being wrong.  State your choice.
And the answer is a) is the incorrect statement.

Yesterday, after the delivery window ended I got three identical emails telling me my order has not actually been dispatched despite being marked so in Amazon.  The reason - they don't know which sensor to ship.  Please reply with my choice from:
Introduction to clamp-on sensors:
TS-2 type: DN15-100mm, -30-90°C
TM-1 type: DN50-700mm, -30-90°C
  TL-1 type: DN300-6000mm, -30-90°C
  HTS-2 type: DN15-100mm, -40-160°C
HTM-1 type: DN50-700mm, -40-160°C
HTL-1 type: DN300-6000mm, -40-160°C
TC-1: DN>80mm -40~160°C
TC-2: DN>80mm -40~160°C

Hmmm.  Just above this is the following text:
EARLY TUF-2000M Ultrasonic Flowing/Heat Module Flowing Meter Flowmeter Environmental Measuring Instrument DN15~DN100mm,Remarkable88
ASIN: B0BVDT711H

Which narrows it down to a choice of 2 and since HTS-2 is more expensive than TS-2 I think we already know.

Amazon is guessing delivery by the 20th, fat chance.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #1003 on: 16 December, 2023, 04:54:42 pm »
We very rarely have issues with couriers. However, DHL have blotted their copybook twice on the same order. The first time, it just didn't arrive at all. I got the tracking emails, but clicking on the number got to a 'not found' message.
The replacement was out for delivery today. We live in Lower XXX road. They have delivered it to the same number, but on XXX road. OK, this is only just round the corner but I'm not sure I want to carry the 20kg of bird seed that far. I assume it's a relief because Christmas driver, but still.
The nice people at 1 XXX road delivered the parcel to us while we were out shopping this morning.  :thumbsup:
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #1004 on: 20 December, 2023, 08:55:15 am »
Text from Parcelfarce. “Your package will be delivered today between 0:00 and 0:00”.

ETA It transpires the delivery window is only between 07:00 and 18:00. Probably.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1005 on: 20 December, 2023, 05:38:21 pm »
<Non grumble>
Parcel Force
Ordered big heavy item for partner at 13.49 yesterday.
Delivered by Parcel Force at 14.14.

Was able to track item from despatch, through Bristol and round local streets for the last 2 hours of its journey.

Looks like 'Charlie' took a LONG lunch break in Colindale and then went round the houses in Colindale & Queensbury.

Cannot fault projected delivery time of 14.00 - 15.00.

24 hours & 25 minutes from order to delivery!

Meanwhile, the 'M & S' order I placed on 14/12/2023 has been stuck in Chicago 'Awaiting customs inspection', since 16/12...

« Reply #1006 on: 22 December, 2023, 02:50:18 pm »
Amazon
Delivery required a pin to be given to the driver. Pin delivered by email. (Seems to be standard security for certain items from Amazon). Pin code was easy for me to remember.

Doorbell goes. I go to the door. "Thanks - the code is 246890"
"You've got to read it off your email"
"That's the code isn't it?"
"Yes but you've got to read it off your phone"
"Is that the code?"
"Yes.... But...."
I've got the package. I could do that all day, he had deliveries to make.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1007 on: 22 December, 2023, 02:55:10 pm »
I for one look forward to dragging my PC out onto the doorstep* to satisfy some jobsworth…

* Lie
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1008 on: 22 December, 2023, 05:25:48 pm »
If this becomes a thing I'm going to have to come up with an assortment of increasingly improbable computers to answer the door with.

* Kim eagerly awaits Silly Oak's first fly-tipped smart fridge

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1009 on: 23 December, 2023, 10:15:58 pm »

DHL have lost a package... Have reported it to the company sending it. Now I wait to see if DHL can find it somewhere, or if I will get a new package sent.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1010 on: 03 January, 2024, 12:21:52 pm »

Company I ordered from confirm DHL has lost my package. Have asked them to resend...

J
--

« Reply #1011 on: 04 January, 2024, 03:37:40 pm »
Company I ordered from confirm DHL has lost my package.

My anecdotal experience is that, of the several delivery services I regularly deal with, DHL is the only one to just completely lose (rather than damage) packages.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1012 on: 04 January, 2024, 03:49:31 pm »

Either my doorbell is broken. Or postNL doesn't even bother trying it.

I've been WFH all day cos if packages. And just got an email saying they missed me and will take them to a parcel shop.

J
--

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1013 on: 05 January, 2024, 11:10:17 pm »

Company I ordered from confirm DHL has lost my package. Have asked them to resend...

New package arrived Thursday.

Friday I get an email update from DHL that they are going to deliver the original package tomorrow...

*Sigh*

J
--

« Reply #1014 on: 07 January, 2024, 01:45:32 pm »
Royal Mail packages sent to son in Brazil on 4 December.  Stuck in customs since 18/12 and one deemed not suitable.  It was 3 pairs of socks and some chocolate!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1015 on: 19 February, 2024, 09:25:42 am »
Last night Royal Snail's tracking wossname assured me that my item would be delivered between 09:22 and 13:22 today.  This morning the useless workshy twats have backtracked and now will only allow that it’s in Romford.

Edit: natch it turned up ten minutes ago without so much either as a by your leave or an update on the tracking page.

« Reply #1016 on: 24 February, 2024, 09:35:54 am »
Had a parcel delivered£ this morning, spot on the earliest time specified, which was good. I then got a text from Parcelfarce (it was a contracted out delivery, Van was un-logoed). “We’ve left your parcel in a safe place”. I heard the van stop, and the knock on the door, and managed to get to the bedroom window within 5 seconds, to see the guy stood taking a photo of it leant against said door. Which is in full view of the street about 2m from the road. Safe place my arse. And then “We’ve left a card with details of where your parcel is”. Like f**k you have.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #1017 on: 24 February, 2024, 01:40:29 pm »
Doorbell went and I ran downstairs sans shoes. The microsecond I open the door the driver takes a photo* and is halfway back to his van before I knew what was going on. Two big parcels for next door dumped on the pavement.

It's a shame I like the neighbours otherwise I should have just left them there.

(* multiple times I've looked at tracking after stuff has been delivered and found photos of my own lower half taken without my knowledge. How is this even vaguely legal?)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1018 on: 12 March, 2024, 11:13:31 pm »
Quote from: Evri
12:23 - Tue Mar 12 Your parcel is on its way to you today

Magic 8-ball says "Very doubtful"

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1019 on: 23 March, 2024, 09:03:45 am »
O hai DHL!

Who's awake at ten to eight on a Saturday morning?  Not this Unit, that’s for sure.  I hope you didn’t wake the neighbours when leaving my item with them, coz they seem to be nice people.

Kthxbai