Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 146633 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #975 on: 13 November, 2023, 07:42:51 pm »
Evri. Order from Toolstation due for delivery today. Evri tracker earlier today, Package is with us, will let you know when due for delivery. Nothing happens, notification or delivery. People have been on site all day. Evri tracker. Your package is on its way back to the sender.  ??? Tried the on line conversation facility. Hi I am xxxx. Your return order is on its way back to the sender. Contact us tomorrow to escalate. No further option for dialogue.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #976 on: 13 November, 2023, 08:09:27 pm »
That *is* crap.
We have both Toolstation and Screwfix within half a mile so we're lucky enough to be able to Click & Collect.

« Reply #977 on: 13 November, 2023, 10:00:20 pm »
Evri. Order from Toolstation due for delivery today. Evri tracker earlier today, Package is with us, will let you know when due for delivery. Nothing happens, notification or delivery. People have been on site all day. Evri tracker. Your package is on its way back to the sender.  ??? Tried the on line conversation facility. Hi I am xxxx. Your return order is on its way back to the sender. Contact us tomorrow to escalate. No further option for dialogue.

Interesting.  My package was also Toolstation and exactly the same crap from Evri.  Next day is now doubtful it will even make next week!

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #978 on: 14 November, 2023, 02:49:57 pm »
Alternatively, I had an order from Toolstation delivered by Evri exactly on time and with no hassles yesterday. I have to say I was quite surprised!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #979 on: 14 November, 2023, 07:25:47 pm »
Does it count as shite if your parcel arrives on time and undamaged, but the courier is coughing like Patient Zero[1]?

[1] Or possibly patient 19639801.

« Reply #980 on: 15 November, 2023, 02:42:59 pm »
I contacted their online customer services, who gave me a fedex email address and told me
to instruct them that a photograph/signature is not required and for them to post the parcel
through the letterbox. I await the response.
Yet another delivery driver who has a package small enough to post through my letterbox, but
instead, chose to knock on the front door with his knuckles (instead of using the door knocker
or ring the bell), but then, after waiting for few seconds puts the small package in one of my
recycling bins.

Some of these delivery drivers do not have the commonsense to post a package through a
letterbox when it can easily fit through. They seem fixated with wanting to have a selfie* with you.

*I'm joking, but you know what I mean.

** All recorded on my Ring™ doorbell camera.

« Reply #981 on: 15 November, 2023, 03:26:45 pm »
I buy food for our cat online from ZooPlus. They used to offer a choice of couriers (DPD Local or Yodel) but now seem to just offer the latter. Who's latest wheeze is "There doesn't need to be anyone home to accept the parcel, we'll just dump it in the pouring rain in full view of anyone who wants to nick it".
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #982 on: 15 November, 2023, 10:03:11 pm »
Evri have not come back to me with any information despite raising a ticket. Rang Toolstation today who were very quick to respond and explain what is going on. The parcel had been damaged. Quite why Evri could not share this simple fact defeats me. Credit received from TS and I will reorder and collect from a local outlet in due course.

« Reply #983 on: 15 November, 2023, 10:48:16 pm »
Evri have not come back to me with any information despite raising a ticket. Rang Toolstation today who were very quick to respond and explain what is going on. The parcel had been damaged. Quite why Evri could not share this simple fact defeats me. Credit received from TS and I will reorder and collect from a local outlet in due course.

Ditto to no info fromEvri.  Ditto to contacting Toolstation.  Ditto for them being quick and helpful.  Opted for a replacement order being dispatched.  Thwarted again!  Most of the items are now out of stock for delivery.  Requested a refund.  Let’s see how that goes.

« Reply #984 on: 20 November, 2023, 08:13:53 pm »
Did get a note from Evri a couple of days later, stating the parcel was returned due to being damaged after I raised a ticket with their on line autobot. The refund from TS was quick.

« Reply #985 on: 20 November, 2023, 08:51:09 pm »
Evri.  Never disappoint in disappointing.

They don't even knock or leave a card but dump the package on the doorstep in full view and piss off.  I wish firms would listen to customers and stop using them.

« Reply #986 on: 20 November, 2023, 09:06:47 pm »
I had a different Evri courier yesterday - not quite as chatty as the usual one but every bit as unSh!te.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #987 on: 20 November, 2023, 09:18:36 pm »
Royal Snail announced the delivery of my small package the other day by:
1. taking a photo of it poking out of the letterbox, which could have been attached to any house in BRITAIN with a blue front door, and
c: not telling me about it.

Fortunately Charlie the Builder rescued it, but didn’t read the label so bunged it in with the von Brandenburg's post.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #988 on: 25 November, 2023, 11:51:09 am »
Since whenever I last missed a parcel, Royal Mail have stopped automatically sending them to the delivery office where I can collect it the next morning at my leisure (subject to silly opening times).

Instead it's automatically redelivery the next day and then F U go to our website and grovel for it, same as Hermes and the other shite.

At least they still bother to fill out the card.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #989 on: 25 November, 2023, 01:03:27 pm »
Amazon Delivery incoming today. Not sure why as it is for a Photobox package.

This morning it was to be delivered between 10:15 and 2:15
Then it was 10:45 and 2:15
Now it is 12:15 and 2:15

Presumably they keep on altering it until it matches when it is going to be delivered.
It is simpler than it looks.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #990 on: 26 November, 2023, 10:20:22 am »
Evri have returned to form. Two days on the trot I've received a 'we weren't able to deliver your package' message. No warning that a package was inbound, no ETA, nothing even via Amazon. Simply, out of the blue, a 'you're not getting it'. They say 'the business was closed' but as I'm not a business and my little thatched cottage looks nothing like a business, I have no idea what that's supposed to indicate. Of course, there's even less chance of getting through to the company than there were in Hermes days - it's an AI-free chat-bot or a voice-bot or nothing, so I don't expect to get any explanation from them. The seller's English is marginal (I don't know what their native language is, or I'd have tried a translator), so I'm not getting a lot of help there either. Looks like I'm going to have to buy again from someone else (with a 'no Evri' condition) while I try and negotiate a refund.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #991 on: 14 December, 2023, 05:03:26 pm »
On 29th Nov I ordered an item via Big River co, reluctantly knowing it would ship from China, it's a 3 figure sum.  I got a tracking number within a couple of hours and tomorrow the delivery window, which so far has not moved, ends.  The only entry on the tracking is:
Logistics No.   

2023-11-29 10:39:30 +08
    AT ORIGIN
    Order Created

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets please.  Is it going to be:
 - My parcel arrives tomorrow proving that a) the vendor is an honest and efficient company and b) WeWorldExpress are a highly efficient delivery company but c) don't have the first clue about tracking.  or
 - Some combination of a), b) & c) being wrong.  State your choice.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #992 on: 15 December, 2023, 07:27:00 pm »
We very rarely have issues with couriers. However, DHL have blotted their copybook twice on the same order. The first time, it just didn't arrive at all. I got the tracking emails, but clicking on the number got to a 'not found' message.
The replacement was out for delivery today. We live in Lower XXX road. They have delivered it to the same number, but on XXX road. OK, this is only just round the corner but I'm not sure I want to carry the 20kg of bird seed that far. I assume it's a relief because Christmas driver, but still.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #993 on: 15 December, 2023, 08:41:22 pm »
Not a courier as such, but I ordered some cheese from a local company last week via their website. Got an acknowledgement but no information on delivery. Yesterday I emailed asking if they had any information re delivery. This afternoon we had a load of fliers delivered and the guy left our gate open. I went out to close it, and as I turned I saw a plastic bag containing a brown paper bag on the ground next to the front door. Yep, it was my cheeses. No call, text or email.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #994 on: 15 December, 2023, 10:41:04 pm »

I ordered some flux. I got an email saying it was delivered. I can't find it anywhere. Check tracking, yesterday it is listed as "worried" and now it shows as having entered my region...

What's the betting the box self destructed, and it's made a mess of the van ?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #995 on: 15 December, 2023, 10:55:00 pm »
I expect it's on the move.

« Reply #996 on: 15 December, 2023, 11:03:51 pm »
The printer I ordered from Printerland.co.uk on Wednesday 13th Dec and sent by Parcelforce arrived on...
(click to show/hide)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #997 on: 16 December, 2023, 01:08:03 am »
Nice!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #998 on: 16 December, 2023, 01:14:55 am »
Nice!

Don't be too hasty, it's still a printer.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #999 on: 16 December, 2023, 08:01:01 am »

I ordered some flux. I got an email saying it was delivered. I can't find it anywhere. Check tracking, yesterday it is listed as "worried" and now it shows as having entered my region...

What's the betting the box self destructed, and it's made a mess of the van ?

J
If it was next to a capacitor, the van could be anywhere anywhen by now!
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?