Author Topic: Bon voyage  (Read 1049 times)

hillbilly

Bon voyage
« on: 12 August, 2015, 06:10:07 pm »
Been avoiding commenting in this board, but now feels like an appropriate time to wish those of you bold enough to ride across France a Bon Voyage and the best of times. 

May the audax gods bless you with tailwinds in both directions and the memories you collect be varied and interesting!

Rich XAB

• Dulwich on the outside, Peckham on the inside!
Re: Bon voyage
« Reply #1 on: 12 August, 2015, 06:40:05 pm »
Thank-you Hillbilly  :)

« Reply #2 on: 12 August, 2015, 06:48:55 pm »
Ta very much HB :)
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #3 on: 12 August, 2015, 07:17:23 pm »
I'll add my "Good luck, mentalists. Have fun and come back safely"

« Reply #4 on: 12 August, 2015, 07:18:17 pm »
Thank you both ...

« Reply #5 on: 12 August, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »
Good luck all, hope you all have a great time and a safe ride with no problems. Wish I was coming with you.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 12 August, 2015, 08:25:59 pm »
Bon voyage and good luck to all of you. We really wish that you have a great time in France!

« Reply #7 on: 12 August, 2015, 08:27:27 pm »
Bon voyage and good luck to all of you. We really wish that you have a great time in France!
Are you and Sylvie not riding?

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #8 on: 12 August, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »
Been avoiding commenting in this board, but now feels like an appropriate time to wish those of you bold enough to ride across France a Bon Voyage and the best of times. 

May the audax gods bless you with tailwinds in both directions and the memories you collect be varied and interesting!

+1. I cant even imagine getting to the start line or completing the qualifiers, so chapeau to all of you

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #9 on: 12 August, 2015, 08:36:44 pm »
That's much appreciated HB - just done my final packing - yikes.  Bristol tomorrow, France the day after and then... gulp.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #10 on: 12 August, 2015, 09:02:54 pm »
That's much appreciated HB - just done my final packing - yikes.  Bristol tomorrow, France the day after and then... gulp.

Very best wishes Dave and all others---having been thro` the grinder myself on the qualifiers , but not riding PBP now, I very much hope that 1. you enjoy a great ride / have good memories and 2. all the grimness of the qualifiers in a difficult British winter gives you bon courage when it`s possibly needed

Safe riding and journeys to all  ;D
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #11 on: 13 August, 2015, 01:12:11 am »
Yes, good luck and safety to you all.

« Reply #12 on: 13 August, 2015, 05:20:32 am »
Are you and Sylvie not riding?

No, Sylvie and I will not be riding PBP this time, for many different reasons, but we wish you really have a great ride full of sunshine!