Author Topic: Wet  (Read 826 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Wet
« on: 15 July, 2009, 10:11:23 am »
Is it July?

So why did I go straight back inside to don a ls jersey when I felt the weather?

Hey ho.  This could have been a rant.  I started off riding very gingerly, conscious of my skinny tyres on a greasy road, and anxious about what it might be like at Stockwell, where the water tends to overflow the drains and back up.

But it's not a rant.  With my second jersey, I was warm, if not dry, and I knew that within the hour I would be inside again.  The rain was beading on my saddlebag (huzzah for cotton duck! :thumbsup: ) even before I had my bike on the road, and my socks were soggy within five minutes.  But it was fun, and the weather brightened gradually as I went on.  I looked at all the oily rainbows on the road - something I particularly loved as a kid (and I think cars were a bit more leaky then). 

OK, so I worried about whether my shirts would get wet (they didn't), and the adhesive propeties of water between rubber and glass (but it was fine), and I worried about drivers not keeping a proper eye out for me (they didn't, but no worse than normal.  But the worries were dispersed as I progressed.

A grand ride.  I hope my socks will be reasonably dry for the ride home. ;D
Getting there...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: Wet
« Reply #1 on: 15 July, 2009, 10:17:15 am »
I'm quite grateful for the fact that it was raining this morning.  It made me dress for it, unlike the last two days where I have been fooled into riding in just a jersey and getting extreemly soaked on the way home.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Wet
« Reply #2 on: 15 July, 2009, 10:40:53 am »
Ken Bruce has just said it's St Swithin's day today.  I'll check that out, but that's of interest. ;D

Edit:  Tis true.  Hope it's the lore that isn't
Getting there...