Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 428750 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #775 on: 09 April, 2018, 07:28:58 pm »
My medicule training tells me inhaled peanuts can be NARSTY cos Harmful Oils.

Hope you've coughed this bugger up properly!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #776 on: 10 April, 2018, 08:04:42 am »
Added a set of crosstop levers to the fixed. Before connecting up the cables, I took it for a test ride to check I was happy with the position of the levers.

When I later came to connect up the cables, I discovered that the cable clamp bolts, both front and rear, had worked themselves loose and fallen out somewhere during my test ride...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #777 on: 10 April, 2018, 03:42:27 pm »
Phoned surgery to complain that the doctor has failed to keep a telephone appt for the third time. Receptionist suggests she phones back to check she can get through as I may have call blocking activated. I give her rather a dusty reply then huffily hang up. Seconds later my phone lights up with a call that's been diverted straight to voicemail. It is, of course, from the surgery.  :facepalm:

Call blocking eh? That's a handy feature I didn't even know existed (except I must have, otherwise how did it get turned on?).
Hear all, see all, say nowt

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #778 on: 10 April, 2018, 03:46:42 pm »
I think some phones have phone blocking as well as some telco 'features'.

Better check my 1572...

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #779 on: 13 April, 2018, 04:41:12 pm »
I booked my car in for its MOT. 15 minutes after I get home, the garage calls.
"Your car isn't due to be MOT'd until the end of next month. Come and collect it please."
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #780 on: 14 April, 2018, 06:29:36 am »
Last year I bought 3 travel padlocks for securing luggage. 4 digit combination locks.

Can’t remember what I set them to & the one on this overnight bag is shut  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #781 on: 14 April, 2018, 08:44:13 am »
Oh well. It's only 10,000 possibilities...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #782 on: 14 April, 2018, 10:04:50 am »
9998, assuming it's not 0000 or 1234.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #783 on: 14 April, 2018, 10:07:17 am »
1111?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #784 on: 14 April, 2018, 10:15:26 am »
Last year I bought 3 travel padlocks for securing luggage. 4 digit combination locks.

Can’t remember what I set them to & the one on this overnight bag is shut  :facepalm:

I bought a cheap combination bike lock a few years back and was randomly fiddling with it. I had unwittingly set it to a random number and locked it.

I was surprised how quickly I found the correct number - it was only about 20 minutes. Mind you, I had selected something beginning with 1. That cut it down a bit.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #785 on: 14 April, 2018, 10:18:45 am »
None of the usual combinations of birthdays or phone numbers work. Of course it’s something so simple & unforgettable I’ve not written it down  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #786 on: 14 April, 2018, 11:16:20 am »
1984?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #787 on: 14 April, 2018, 11:34:48 am »
Have you tried the PIN for you ATM bank card?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #788 on: 14 April, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »
Ten point to Helly for not suggesting the PIN number for andrewc's ATM machine card :demon:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #789 on: 14 April, 2018, 07:53:32 pm »
Ob-Spaceballs:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3KMNFNk_hvQ&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/3KMNFNk_hvQ&rel=1</a>
https://youtu.be/3KMNFNk_hvQ?t=40s

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #790 on: 19 April, 2018, 09:30:56 pm »
As mentioned in other threads, I bought a pair of new calipers for my BB7 discs which arrived today so this evening I decided to swap over the rear one which is the knackered one.
So I hoofed off the old caliper, bunged on the new, only to find that once I'd got the thing bolted to the frame I couldn't do the other nuts up and the disc was jammed in the slot.

Fuuuuuck! I thought.  I've never gone and bought for the wrong disc size, have I? I was sure I'd done it all correct.
I sat for a bit comparing the size and design of the old caliper with the 2nd new one. Nope, they are exactly the same size, what the hell is going on?
Well, bugger, I'll just have to put the old one back on if I want to ride to work tomorrow.
I unbolt the new one and then finally realise my mistake. I've put the front caliper on the rear and I couldn't see why it was wrong because I was comparing the old caliper with the remaining new one, which was of course the correct one! Once I put it on...

What a nugget.  :facepalm:  :-[

Still, at least I got to do it all sitting in the sun.  :thumbsup:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #791 on: 19 April, 2018, 09:39:08 pm »
It's been a long day!
VELOMANCER

« Reply #792 on: 20 April, 2018, 11:12:56 am »
Mending a door handle using box of old parts. I needed to cut the bar, that joins the two handles together, to fit.

Have it in the vice, attacking it with the junior hacksaw. It required a fair amount of welly, must have been hardened steel or something, getting about 80% through and thought "This'll give any second n........" BLAM! Final bit sheers, sending my ungloved thumb directly into the freshy cut, hot metal stub.

My testes receded into my body, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. i inspected the wound. Deep, grey wound. "Oh, it's not even bleedi........" Wave of pain, profuse bleeding ensues. I went through several dressings before it started to gum up giving me ample time to think "I'm such a fecking div!"

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #793 on: 20 April, 2018, 07:59:54 pm »
I managed to run myself over with the car.  I can attest to the perfect F/R weight distribution of an MX-5, since it definitely felt like 275kg on my (slippered) foot.  This isn't the first time, either.  I don't recomnend it but it doesn't seem to do any damage.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #794 on: 21 April, 2018, 01:19:37 am »
You've been auditioning for Monty Python's 'Upper Class Twit of the Year'!  :o :o :o
VELOMANCER

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #795 on: 21 April, 2018, 09:23:19 am »
You've been auditioning for Monty Python's 'Upper Class Twit of the Year'!  :o :o :o

Though now he could probably qualify for a job at the Ministry of Silly Walks.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #796 on: 21 April, 2018, 10:55:41 am »
When packing to return home from Italy in a concious effort to distribute the weight as my hold bag was likely to be overweight I put 4 full size bottles of bathroom liquids in my carry on.  Two were unopened.  Cue looking like that idiot at the scanners.  It's not like I was even in a total trance or drunk, several other items I was careful to put in the hold bag mindful of exactly the same rule set.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #797 on: 23 April, 2018, 08:30:45 am »
Mending a door handle using box of old parts. I needed to cut the bar, that joins the two handles together, to fit.

Have it in the vice, attacking it with the junior hacksaw. It required a fair amount of welly, must have been hardened steel or something, getting about 80% through and thought "This'll give any second n........" BLAM! Final bit sheers, sending my ungloved thumb directly into the freshy cut, hot metal stub.

My testes receded into my body, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. i inspected the wound. Deep, grey wound. "Oh, it's not even bleedi........" Wave of pain, profuse bleeding ensues. I went through several dressings before it started to gum up giving me ample time to think "I'm such a fecking div!"

Ouch, mend soon!  I got that feeling when I had a contretemps with my hedge-cutters a while back...

« Reply #798 on: 23 April, 2018, 09:54:12 am »
I'd designed the steelwork for one of our major projects on the basis of the floors being precast hollowcore concrete 'plank' units.  Turns out I was wrong to assume that; the architect wanted a composite floor, which significantly changes the structure.  Oh well, it's only a couple of days' work down the swanny...  >:(

« Reply #799 on: 25 April, 2018, 08:35:03 am »
On the way out the door this morning, glanced at the table and thought 'What's that pile of clothes?', figured it out when I got out the shower at work  :facepalm: