Author Topic: LEL - Breakfast on Sunday before the Depart ?  (Read 2408 times)

LEL - Breakfast on Sunday before the Depart ?
« on: 22 July, 2009, 10:35:10 pm »
What is there in the vicinity of the start for breakfast ? Or will it be a question of buying provisions the night before and eating before leaving ?

L Hedley

• "Bring it on"
Re: Breakfast on Sunday before the Depart ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 July, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »
Surely you don't need to fuel up before such a gentle little ride! See you soon x
Not just a cyclist's wife!

« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2009, 11:15:25 pm »
What is there in the vicinity of the start for breakfast ? Or will it be a question of buying provisions the night before and eating before leaving ?

There are a few cafes along the B176. Google says that there is a "Windmill Cafe" at the top of Windmill Lane (the road down to the YH from the main road) but no idea about opening times. I'd suggest sussing something out when you are down there for registration.

No experience of them myself though. I've always used the petrol station up the road in Broxbourne/New River as a control on my DIYs up that way. I've definitely passed a few cafes though and always wanted to stop and have a proper breakfast.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

simonp

« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2009, 11:34:58 pm »
Travelodge breakfast for me.  Then lie about til I get kicked out.  Then lunch.  Then ride to Scotland.

LEL

« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »

There are a few cafes along the B176. Google says that there is a "Windmill Cafe" at the top of Windmill Lane (the road down to the YH from the main road) but no idea about opening times. I'd suggest sussing something out when you are down there for registration.

No experience of them myself though. I've always used the petrol station up the road in Broxbourne/New River as a control on my DIYs up that way. I've definitely passed a few cafes though and always wanted to stop and have a proper breakfast.
Windmill cafe does not open til 8am on sunday.

open 7am7pm every other day.

« Reply #5 on: 23 July, 2009, 08:56:18 pm »

Windmill cafe does not open til 8am on sunday.

open 7am7pm every other day.

Perhaps I should put down for a 0900 start then, or maybe I can use my northern charisma to get them to open an hour earlier. If enough of us ask then I am sure they will in these difficult times