Author Topic: 'Police pull cyclist over' incident...  (Read 4104 times)

'Police pull cyclist over' incident...
« on: 12 April, 2017, 08:36:50 am »
Police patrol pulls cyclist over for cycling 'in the middle of the road'... On Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHQV0EPc4g  also in the Wail as expected...

IMO, the cyclist handled it quite well...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: 'Police pull cyclist over' incident...
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2017, 08:47:15 am »
The audio is brilliant.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2 on: 12 April, 2017, 08:50:24 am »
Yeah, I quite enjoyed that too.

« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2017, 09:01:40 am »
The cyclist is brilliant, but it's scary that the police think that riding in primary is illegal and that you have to ride in the gutter so cars can overtake you...

red marley

« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2017, 09:03:27 am »
...while you are doing around 20 mph in a 20mph zone.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #5 on: 12 April, 2017, 09:51:24 am »
I had to marvel at the forbearance of the peeler: in France, if a flic tells you to do something and you argue he can do you for rebellion.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 12 April, 2017, 01:12:03 pm »
I had to marvel at the forbearance of the peeler: in France, if a flic tells you to do something and you argue he can do you for rebellion.

And in USAnia you may get shot.

« Reply #7 on: 12 April, 2017, 01:21:07 pm »
Rewatched it; The copper comes to a complete halt in his narrative and obviously realises that he's screwed up, abruptly ceases trying to tell the cyclist he was obstructing the traffic, tells the cyclist "Have a good day", ie go on your way.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #8 on: 12 April, 2017, 01:46:28 pm »
The cyclist is brilliant, but it's scary that the police think that riding in primary is illegal and that you have to ride in the gutter so cars can overtake you...
do you mean ride in the door zone so they can illegally overtake in breach of rule 153?
on some roads thete are features such as speed humps..........you should not overtake other moving road users while in these areas .
And the overtake was dangerously close.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #9 on: 12 April, 2017, 01:55:03 pm »
That copper is an utter self important fuckwit. When encountering these always ask for their badge number regardless if you can be arsed to make the complaint they richly deserve.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

spindrift

« Reply #10 on: 12 April, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »
I'm 86.2% certain Johnny Law noticed the camera and became super polite.

rr

« Reply #11 on: 12 April, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »
It would be interesting if the cyclist had a GPS record showing he was doing 20 mph when he was overtaken.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #12 on: 12 April, 2017, 04:17:07 pm »
Rewatched it; The copper comes to a complete halt in his narrative and obviously realises that he's screwed up, abruptly ceases trying to tell the cyclist he was obstructing the traffic, tells the cyclist "Have a good day", ie go on your way.
If that is the case, I'd say he handled the situation very well indeed.  :thumbsup:

To err is human - to cover up your mistakes makes you a dick. Especially if you get caught on video.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #13 on: 12 April, 2017, 04:20:20 pm »
Self important ( & wrong ) bellend. Did the copper kick the wheel at the end of the vid? It's hard to see, I'm on my mobile trying to view.

OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #14 on: 12 April, 2017, 08:18:34 pm »
"I did try to pull as far to the right as I could" total lie. his nearside wheels didn't come close to to crossing the centreline.  And plod apparently considered this a safe overtake.

I am disgusted with the poor driving poor awareness of traffic law, lack of understanding of bikability and abuse of power.

Finally when he parks up he leaves his vehicle nearly as far out to the right as the cyclist position he was complaining about, blocking the traffic he was so concerned about.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #15 on: 12 April, 2017, 08:21:09 pm »
Bizarre!  Looked like harrassment to me.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #16 on: 13 April, 2017, 11:24:24 am »
Can police officers be prosecuted for wasting police time?

« Reply #17 on: 13 April, 2017, 01:59:02 pm »
I'm a bit disappointed that the cyclist didn't invite the copper to open his door and then look at where the cyclist would need to be to avoid it. It would have made for a brilliant comedy moment.

The copper saying that he had to overtake was also typical righteous motorist nonsense. If the vehicle in front of you is already doing the speed limit, you are not being delayed.

« Reply #18 on: 13 April, 2017, 02:10:40 pm »
Can police officers be prosecuted for wasting police time?

Classic ... made me laugh  :thumbsup:

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43