Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1628836 times)

Si_Co

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #5400 on: 31 October, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »
Can you not do Heysham - Douglas , Douglas - Dublin? A bit closer to you is it not?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #5401 on: 31 October, 2014, 01:58:34 pm »
THERE was a Christmas tree up in the pub yesterday. I'd stop going there except that they give us free chips to have with our post ride beers.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #5402 on: 31 October, 2014, 02:03:48 pm »
Dear The Cat,
Which side of the litter tray would you like me to hack down to vv short, the short side or the long side?
And will you stop widdling on the floor when I've done it?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5403 on: 31 October, 2014, 02:05:30 pm »
Is this to simplify the sitting-in-the-litter-tray-and-pooing-over-the-side process?

Cats.   ::-)

« Reply #5404 on: 31 October, 2014, 02:16:24 pm »
No idea which ferries it is (Takes 3h25). I get the same option using 'Dublin Ferryport' or 'Dublin Port Stena' in nationalrail so it sould be either. Overall if I go it will be over 11 hours travelling.

Another grumble is that though there's Railsail fares for Belfast on Nationalrail, but there don't seem to be the same options for Larne. I'm thinking about riding up the coast from Dublin to Larne next March, having not been to Ireland since I was a toddler.

I think it's Cairnryan to Belfast now, rather than Larne to Stranraer (or that may be the same place as always, I never used that route). Oops no, Stena is Belfast, P&O is still Larne - best check if they take bikes on that route!

Cheap air travel has taken it's toll. 
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #5405 on: 31 October, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »
Can you not do Heysham - Douglas , Douglas - Dublin? A bit closer to you is it not?

That's how I'd do it. Adds a bit of time, mind.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #5406 on: 31 October, 2014, 03:54:39 pm »
Is this to simplify the sitting-in-the-litter-tray-and-pooing-over-the-side process?

Cats.   ::-)
If he actually gets in it I will cope with poo over the side given it's on a big washable mat... we shall see.

I went for both sides in the end
https://flic.kr/p/oWfMg7

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #5407 on: 31 October, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »
Associated grumble. Why is it so bloody difficult posting pictures from Flickr to here using a tablet? Grr.

« Reply #5408 on: 01 November, 2014, 12:23:20 pm »
Hey PayPal, your new website is utter shite.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #5409 on: 01 November, 2014, 03:09:18 pm »
Fellow rowing club member, after knocking my Pompino over and seeing me come out to pick it up, the correct response involves the word 'sorry', not just 'oh, is that your bike?'.  >:(

Clumsy and rude - great combo.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5410 on: 01 November, 2014, 03:13:39 pm »
Can someone explain why £13.57 and then £18.57 is not enough credit to buy a £1 EE PAYG data pack?
I am hard of thinking!
EE is a pile of poo.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5411 on: 01 November, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »
Can someone explain why £13.57 and then £18.57 is not enough credit to buy a £1 EE PAYG data pack?

Either there's some subtle reason that you aren't allowed to buy a data pack (maybe your previous one has to timeout first or something?), or something's b0rked at their end.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5412 on: 01 November, 2014, 04:57:26 pm »

Either there's some subtle reason that you aren't allowed to buy a data pack (maybe your previous one has to timeout first or something?), or something's b0rked at their end.

It was on Auto refresh or whatever they call it. The last pack timed out last night so should have been repurchased at midnight but there was 'not enough credit'.
I've now bought separate data and talk & text add-ons for £1 each, which are much more than I need.
I think I'll unbuy the other packs so it doesn't renew when it finds out £16.57 >£1.
It is borked but ICnBA to phone their Custard Services.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5413 on: 02 November, 2014, 10:54:46 am »
I need to go to the shops.  Either that or subsist on cat fud.  It is pissing down.  Mr Sunshine has taken his Hat of Æxcellent to Lanzarote.

Bah!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #5414 on: 02 November, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »
Got a few potatos? You could have a cottage kitty kat pie.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5415 on: 02 November, 2014, 01:27:42 pm »
I haz cheez.  But it's stopped raining, so as soon as I've finished plundering this quarter of Mr Sunshine's CD collection I can walk to Sainsbury's with a clear conscience.  And a dry person.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #5416 on: 02 November, 2014, 04:52:17 pm »
Gawd. I had forgotten that shops in the UK open on Sundays now. In Alsace they don't.

Own grumble: came home a couple of hours ago from beautiful ride in great weather and developed a stinking sore throat since.  Bugger.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #5417 on: 04 November, 2014, 08:32:37 am »
Which gremlin stuffed my face full of snot overnight? Smells bad too which isn't a good sign. Can't repressurise my ears and feel like someone's punched me in the face.  Great! *breaks out all the drugs* I don't think I've had 3 days in a row since September without some kind of snotulance.

« Reply #5418 on: 04 November, 2014, 08:54:44 am »
I've been on my way to work for a hour and twenty minutes. I don't know how badly the bus is going to get delayed in traffic as we get near to work.

I got fed up with the hour drive to work, sometimes nearly 2 hours with the traffic, and my wife decided that none of the houses withing 20 miles of work would do, so we moved and knocked 15 minutes off the commute.

Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5419 on: 04 November, 2014, 11:41:12 am »
Mollycat!  If you want to go out - a state of affairs indicated by sitting by the back door - then go out when I open the sodding thing.  Do not instead skulk under the sideboard with a air of injured innocence writ large upon your furry face.

I know you're still sulking about last night's dinner incident, but just CatTFU, willya?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5420 on: 04 November, 2014, 01:20:48 pm »
Cat finally deigned to go out.  Cat is out for ages.  Mr Larrington goes out for fag.  Plaintive cat noises.  Fool cat on top of six foot fence.  Cat can negotiate ladder leading to Miss von Brandenburg's office (which is steep enough for self to request El Capitan levels of Protection when using same; how the hell did she get that potted krynoid up there?) but cannot get idiotic carcass off fence.  Cat returned to terra firma, runs into house, goes into kitchen to have staring match with washing machine.  Loses.

Also, I've run out of biscuits and cannot find anywhere in Crystal Palace to sell me fewer than fifty blank CDs :(

« Reply #5421 on: 04 November, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »
Also, I've run out of biscuits and cannot find anywhere in Crystal Palace to sell me fewer than fifty blank CDs :(

Poundland? Sainsbury's? Should address both cravings.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5422 on: 04 November, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »

Poundland? Sainsbury's? Should address both cravings.

No "genuine" Poundland and neither facsimile thereof had any blank CDs at all.  Sainsbury's only had packs of fifty.

I now have enough blank CDs to re-tile the roof of Larrington Towers on my return.

ian

« Reply #5423 on: 04 November, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »
Blank CDs. Single button Mac mices. Seriously Larrers, are you like the ghost of the internet past here to warn us what will happen if we continue to wallow in our insalubrious downloading practices?

I'm sure I have a huge spindle of recordable CDs. There was a plan once. Buggered if I can remember what it was. I think I was going to glue them onto a dinosaur. The shiny disco tyrannosaurs. It's got the moves, provided it doesn't try to punch the sky. It would have looked so cool. CDs are like saurian sequins. Let the Natural History museum short that shit out.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5424 on: 05 November, 2014, 12:22:47 am »
Blank CDs are the simplest way to acquire a backup copy of Stuffs downloaded from the iTunes store in m4p format onto Someone Else's Macintrash.