Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1756480 times)

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #5650 on: 27 October, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »
21st Nov. Should be ok for me :D

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5651 on: 27 October, 2014, 07:42:27 pm »
21st is ok for me....

Meanwhile, how about this Wednesday? Any suggestions: Braintree - King Billy or Wagon & Horses?
A reminder that we're due to be going to Billericay in a fortnight's time [5th Nov, The Coach and Horses], though this can be re-arranged if it doesn't suit.....

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #5652 on: 27 October, 2014, 08:33:23 pm »
Tomsk sounds good to me! I know OD, Oros and Trainmanbri aren't about not sure on how Huggy's progressing post accident, Tippers, Andy C33 are you riding this week?

Andy C33

« Reply #5653 on: 27 October, 2014, 09:51:09 pm »
OK for Wednesday domestic circumstances allowing.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5654 on: 28 October, 2014, 07:09:01 am »
I'm planning on going to a spinning class this evening as long as I don't get knocked off on the way there, I'll see how that goes and make a decision on Wednesday evening. It may be a direct and shortish flat ride for me  :-\
I'm also on a training course in That London from Wed so will have to see how travel goes too.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #5655 on: 28 October, 2014, 08:17:13 am »
21st is good for me  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5656 on: 28 October, 2014, 08:56:16 am »
A reminder that we're due to be going to Billericay in a fortnight's time [5th Nov, The Coach and Horses], though this can be re-arranged if it doesn't suit.....

Double bum.  I'm now working on the evening of the 5th (actually I'm taking customers out for drinks so it hardly qualifies as work - and I don't think they'd appreciate a trip to Billericay  >:(  )

The following Wednesday looks OK, at the moment  ::-)

Sorry folks.  If we can't re-arrange don't fret.  Work is a curse.

The Retiree

« Reply #5657 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:18:27 am »
21st is ok for me....

Meanwhile, how about this Wednesday? Any suggestions: Braintree - King Billy or Wagon & Horses?

Sorry Tomsk I meant to say in my reply how about we aim for the King Billy? Huggy hope you make it to the spin class in one piece this week and things go well meaning you will be joining us tomorrow night! I feel your pain re travel via Greater Angrier although they employ some fantastic drivers  ;D
Andy C33 as we newbies have been offered the floor in terms of route planning do you fancy putting a route together for tomorrow night.....

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5658 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:28:35 am »
Greater Angrier  ;D

Actually in fairness (famous last words!) and in my experience they aren't too bad although I don't go into London everyday.  And as you say, some (or perhaps ALL) their drivers are shining beacons of humanity  :-*

The Retiree

« Reply #5659 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:57:43 am »
Greater Angrier  ;D

Actually in fairness (famous last words!) and in my experience they aren't too bad although I don't go into London everyday.  And as you say, some (or perhaps ALL) their drivers are shining beacons of humanity  :-*

In all fairness OD I think you're right and a lot of the time it is down to Network Rail issues rather than their own faults. On the plus side they very kindly provided me with £310 pounds of delay repay vouchers to put towards the cost of my season ticket a few weeks back  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5660 on: 28 October, 2014, 01:12:50 pm »
Yes, I have just become aware of Delay Repay  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5661 on: 28 October, 2014, 07:38:16 pm »
.....how about we aim for the King Billy?

:thumbsup: 9pm as usual? - Short and easy-ish ride there and back for a convalescing Huggy too....

Double bum.  I'm now working on the evening of the 5th (actually I'm taking customers out for drinks so it hardly qualifies as work - and I don't think they'd appreciate a trip to Billericay  >:(  )

The following Wednesday looks OK, at the moment  ::-)

Sorry folks.  If we can't re-arrange don't fret.  Work is a curse.

I'll give Brian T a call and see if 12th is ok.

The Retiree

« Reply #5662 on: 29 October, 2014, 08:38:50 am »
.....how about we aim for the King Billy?

:thumbsup: 9pm as usual? - Short and easy-ish ride there and back for a convalescing Huggy too....

Yes 9pm sounds good to me Tomsk, awaiting to hear feedback on Huggy's availability to join us this evening

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5663 on: 29 October, 2014, 08:59:25 am »
Anyone else had the Mighty Oak Flyer re the 6th December lunchtime sampling (often followed by a visit to the Blue Boar).           Not forward planning in anyway

:thumbsup: We're going to end up with TWO Christmas extravaganzas.......

My flyer turned up a week or so ago and I have a pass for this event  :thumbsup:

The flyer says sampling begins at 11am and past experience suggests it's worth being there at the start otherwise all the Christmas brews have gone.  My plan is to have an indecently large fried breakfast somewhere beforehand (*) and then, as bloomers suggests, adjourning to the Blue Boar after the tasting for lunch (both liquid and solid).

(*) Is there a greasy spoon in Maldon?  Google suggests Maldon nearly got a 'spoons last year  ::-)

« Reply #5664 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:21:13 am »
(*) Is there a greasy spoon in Maldon?  Google suggests Maldon nearly got a 'spoons last year  ::-)
The Crystal Cafe in the High Street does quite a good fry up.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5665 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:36:30 am »
Sounds like the place for us!

« Reply #5666 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:42:24 am »
I am not going to be out tonight.

21st should work well though unless something unexpected on the family front dives up.

« Reply #5667 on: 29 October, 2014, 11:13:32 am »
I a going to be chauffeured  by my good lady wife ! she finishes work @13.00 so will be leaving 13.30 ish,does anyone want a lift ? If not then I will have to mount my trusty steed ! ( The bike , not the wife ) :)

Andy C33

« Reply #5668 on: 29 October, 2014, 03:54:12 pm »
50 50 for tonight as mother in law is in hospital.

The Retiree

« Reply #5669 on: 29 October, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »
50 50 for tonight as mother in law is in hospital.

Ok Andy, normal meet at Spa Road rndbt 7.30pm if you're not there after 5 mins I/we (awaiting confirmation on Huggy's attendance)will depart

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5670 on: 29 October, 2014, 05:20:51 pm »
You lot might get a bit damp tonight!

If I really wanted to I could make it out tonight due to a change of plan but I can't be arsed.  I have been looking in some detail at the PBP qualifiers and yesterday entered all of Tomsk's SR rides, the first being the Horsepower 200 on 7th March.  The remaining rides come thick and fast up to 23rd May.  Then there's the challenge of maintaining fitness (*) until 12th August when we set off for a ferry port to begin the ride to Paris.

So, its clear to me that I'm going to have to start getting the miles in from January onwards, which of course will probably coincide with some truly shite weather.  Therefore, to make sure I'm raring to go in the New Year I might take it easy for the remainder of the 2014 - but then again I might not  ;D

(*) I have been giving this some thought as well and ran a plan past The Current Mrs R yesterday evening.   Perhaps every 2 or 3 weeks I'm thinking of setting off at about 7pm on a Friday evening and aim to get back by 11am on Saturday morning for a couple of hours in bed then continue with our normal weekend.  This should mean I can get c200k under me wheels and not completely bugger the family weekend.  There might even be the chance to snuggle up under a hedge in my bivvy bag and even tick off a few outlying Good Beer Guide pubs by sinking a cheeky pint around closing time.  I wasn't planning on doing these rides as audaxes, I just want to keep the miles kilometres rolling in plus have a bit of fun in the process.

Of course some company would be lovely.  Routes could be craftily constructed to pick folks up along the way or meet at some point.  NB: these overnight rides will be in addition to my normal routine of getting out mid-week and at the weekend for a 50 to 100k ride.

Any thoughts?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5671 on: 29 October, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »
:thumbsup:

Less so those of us with mudguards and flaps.....

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5672 on: 29 October, 2014, 05:45:18 pm »
I'm not going to make it tonight :(
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

The Retiree

« Reply #5673 on: 29 October, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

If I really wanted to I could make it out tonight due to a change of plan but I can't be arsed.

Can I not tempt you into keeping me company as Huggy isn't out and Andy is only 50/50, happy to roll with Huggy's plan of a shorter/direct route?  ::-)

The Retiree

« Reply #5674 on: 29 October, 2014, 06:59:27 pm »
As I am the only one riding from Witham and the weather isn't particularly appealing I am going to earn some brownie points with Mrs DL as she is slightly under the weather and stay in the warm and dry instead of venturing out!