Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1755871 times)

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #17600 on: 17 March, 2022, 11:34:59 am »
To be fair, I did normally suggest a pretty central pub

I thought they were all a bit too close to Russia for my liking, hence a request for something more central next week ... appreciating people aren't thinking it time yet for anything western.

The POW Broxted was unashamedly western… anyway, not my problem now!
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #17601 on: 17 March, 2022, 07:29:52 pm »
Tap take over at The OT next week I think, Colchester Brewery.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #17602 on: 21 March, 2022, 09:12:35 am »
Tap take over at The OT next week I think, Colchester Brewery.

Orange Tree, Chelmsford then this week?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #17603 on: 21 March, 2022, 10:42:18 am »
Hello lovely people, how about we celebrate Spring having started and the clocks about to be changing, with a follow-up event at chief’s gaff? Perhaps Friday the 25th March?:

•   Arrival at the Chequers, Great Tey any time ready for curry and a naan bread that will be served at 8pm
•   A few light refreshments before cycling back to my place for around 10PM (ish) - it's about a 10-15 minute ride
•   Tent setup and fire will be lit – I’ll provide seating for everyone
•   ~1 cubic foot of Pizzas/garlic bread will be served for late night munchies
•   Drinks into the night
•   Head-off by mid-morning to start the weekend

Facilities are in the process of being upgraded with such luxuries as a lav’ light and an on-demand hot water tap.

Bring anything you’d like to drink for the evening but I’ll also put on a couple of ales – likely from the Mighty Oak Brewing company

Donation of £6 each toward the chicken curry and naan at the Chequers would be greatly appreciated.  They will also put on a veggie option but please let me know before hand.  Further dietary requirements need to be organised directly - can always order straight off the menu

If you could let me know numbers that would be great 

Cracking time last time, sure it will be the same this time :thumbsup:

Hello Lovely People, could you tell me how many people are coming along please? I'll organise the meals and so fourth.

I have had a quick trawl through the preceding pages and it looks like the following have expressed an interest so far...

1. chief
2. OD
3. psyclist
4. jibers
5. fandango
6. jem
7. Tomsk
8. Oaky
9. christophe

Please shout if you'd like adding to or taking off the list  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the list OD.

I've been into the Chequers and confirmed the numbers but there is also room for anymore if they are able to make it.

Look forward to seeing you all on Friday - I'll be there from ~ 7pm  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #17604 on: 21 March, 2022, 10:44:33 am »
Fabby  :thumbsup:

In order to recreate some of the Epiphany magic I've just purchased 2 flavours of snuff.  Unfortunately I haven't found a horn to serve it from.  Hopefully said snuff will arrive in time.

« Reply #17605 on: 21 March, 2022, 04:06:22 pm »

What time is tea time?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17606 on: 21 March, 2022, 05:18:03 pm »
I'd like a veggie curry please, Chief.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #17607 on: 21 March, 2022, 08:33:15 pm »
I have 'volunteered' to help Mrs Tomsk with sorting the parish magazines for the distributors on Friday afternoon. Usually we're done by 18:00 (and it takes about 2 hours to get across to Gt Tey, avoiding the worst of the main roads), so if I have everything packed and ready well in advance, I should be at the Chequers for 20:00, wind, weather and a ton of camping gear permitting. I'm tempted by the COR route from Pattiswick to Coggeshall though ...

« Reply #17608 on: 21 March, 2022, 08:38:41 pm »
I have 'volunteered' to help Mrs Tomsk with sorting the parish magazines for the distributors on Friday afternoon. Usually we're done by 18:00 (and it takes about 2 hours to get across to Gt Tey, avoiding the worst of the main roads), so if I have everything packed and ready well in advance, I should be at the Chequers for 20:00, wind, weather and a ton of camping gear permitting. I'm tempted by the COR route from Pattiswick to Coggeshall though ...

3 hours for me, but I’m hoping to be underway by 17:00, so also likely to arrive at about 20:00.

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17609 on: 21 March, 2022, 08:46:18 pm »
Would love to come but not sure I can with a new manager and 4 people off with Covid at the moment.

In happier news, we just won Chelmsford & Mid-Essex Cider Pub Of The Year  :thumbsup:
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17610 on: 21 March, 2022, 09:14:16 pm »
In happier news, we just won Chelmsford & Mid-Essex Cider Pub Of The Year  :thumbsup:

I thought the QH, Boreham won it?  Congrats anyhow!

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17611 on: 21 March, 2022, 09:17:44 pm »

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #17612 on: 21 March, 2022, 09:32:29 pm »

Does that mean you can’t serve cider after 9pm?
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17613 on: 21 March, 2022, 09:51:02 pm »

Does that mean you can’t serve cider after 9pm?

Obviously we are shut for cider sales after 9pm, especially on a Wednesday...

« Reply #17614 on: 22 March, 2022, 08:04:26 am »
I had some inspiration to put together a House of Games inspired quiz that can be played around a camp fire. Only 2 rounds, and a worthy prize for the winner. So if we just so happen to be sat around a camp fire on Friday, I'll have something up my sleeve.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17615 on: 22 March, 2022, 08:25:34 am »
I had some inspiration to put together a House of Games inspired quiz that can be played around a camp fire. Only 2 rounds, and a worthy prize for the winner. So if we just so happen to be sat around a camp fire on Friday, I'll have something up my sleeve.

Excellent!  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #17616 on: 22 March, 2022, 07:26:28 pm »
 :thumbsup: Orange Tree tomorrow.

::-) Commiserations josser, there's a lot of it about.

Re: Friday - cycling in the dark to a rendezvous, good company, curry, beer, snuff, a quiz, camping (with just a hint of Freeze-Yer-Bits-Off) - the essence of MEMWNS/ACME Type-One Fun ...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17617 on: 23 March, 2022, 06:53:03 am »
The snuff has arrived, medicated and G&T flavour.  Its powerful snuff stuff, bring tissues  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #17618 on: 23 March, 2022, 09:17:05 am »
FFS - in my quest to never make a MEMWNS event ever again and my continuing daily feeling grotty - today's test shows it's finally caught up with me - suspect the line will be darker on teh test later on today, so that's me out the running for tonight and Friday... fucked off doesn't really do the feeling justice, I was looking forward to the escape from reality... !  :facepalm: ::-)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #17619 on: 23 March, 2022, 09:56:31 am »
Sorry to hear that jiberjaber. Hope it's not what you think it might be, and you recover quickly whatever prevails.

Re tonight, do we have many people heading out, or are people waiting on Friday?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17620 on: 23 March, 2022, 10:03:49 am »
FFS - in my quest to never make a MEMWNS event ever again and my continuing daily feeling grotty - today's test shows it's finally caught up with me - suspect the line will be darker on teh test later on today, so that's me out the running for tonight and Friday... fucked off doesn't really do the feeling justice, I was looking forward to the escape from reality... !  :facepalm: ::-)

I reckon a shovel full of finest medicated Kendal snuff up each nostril will sort you out!  Get ye on the interweb, delivery within 24 hours!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17621 on: 23 March, 2022, 10:47:52 am »

I reckon a shovel full of finest medicated Kendal snuff up each nostril will sort you out!  Get ye on the interweb, delivery within 24 hours!

I hope you're feeling better soon jiber, just when you're looking forward to seeing your mates it gets you! Thanks for testing before you came out though.

I suppose we'll all catch it at some point.

Also, I may be wrong, I'll check NHS guidelines, but I don't believe snuff is the best treatment for a respiratory illness.

OD, are your nasal membranes throbbing? Are you on a nicotine high?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17622 on: 23 March, 2022, 11:33:29 am »
Also, I may be wrong, I'll check NHS guidelines, but I don't believe snuff is the best treatment for a respiratory illness.

OD, are your nasal membranes throbbing? Are you on a nicotine high?

Regular snuff might be useless but I've bought MEDICATED snuff and that's a whole different thing!  Not noticed any throbbing or feeling high but I am feeling invincible which is just as well as I'm currently in Croydon!

« Reply #17623 on: 23 March, 2022, 11:45:23 am »
Sorry to hear of Covid illness, Jiber. Hope you feel better soon.

I have also had Covid for past week so going to avoid events this week to save any risk of spreading even though I now feel better….

« Reply #17624 on: 23 March, 2022, 02:54:35 pm »
I was planning to ride tonight. 

Given Jibbers predicament, and that the SH was initially proposed, where shall we aim for?

Sorry to hear that jiberjaber. Hope it's not what you think it might be, and you recover quickly whatever prevails.

Re tonight, do we have many people heading out, or are people waiting on Friday?
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...