Author Topic: Deadlines for Audax rides for 2019  (Read 1613 times)

Deadlines for Audax rides for 2019
« on: 13 September, 2018, 01:34:49 pm »
Hi all,

Is there such a thing as a deadline by which all Audax rides have to be ‘on the board’ for 2019 so to speak?  The reason I ask is because I’m looking to do some which start near where I live but there doesn’t seem to many at the moment so is there a point where I can look at the calendar safe in the knowledge that more will be added and pick the right ones for me?

whosatthewheel

Re: Deadlines for Audax rides for 2019
« Reply #1 on: 13 September, 2018, 01:40:33 pm »
There is a deadline only for BRM and that's in October.

BR and BP will pop up later... some tend to publish their events quite late... others exceedingly early

« Reply #2 on: 13 September, 2018, 02:04:58 pm »
From the Organiser's Handbook (available to AUK members [not just organisers] from http://www.aukweb.net/organisers/documents/ once you've logged in to the AUK website):

Part of section 3.2: Scheduling Your Event - Choosing a Date

Audax  UK  requires  that  all  events  are  published  in  the  quarterly  Arrivée  magazine. BRM  events additionally have to meet ACP’s publication schedule which require events to be ready by 1st October in the year preceding the year you are organising the event. To meet the publication schedules and allow time for adequate organisation you should normally allow at least 8 months from first deciding to organise the event. New events will take longer, and major events will have even longer lead times.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #3 on: 13 September, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »
Also, if you set an earlier cutoff date on the website calendar (e.g. today's date in 2017), you can see last year's events and a good proportion of these will be repeated from year to year. If you then find the corresponding thread on here, organisers will often mention that they are repeating the ride before it goes live on the calendar, or you can ask them :)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #4 on: 13 September, 2018, 02:54:22 pm »
There are banners across the event planner showing the general deadlines for publishing. 

Next year is Paris-Brest-Paris, so all events of the given distances that fall within the qualifying dates must be 'BRM (PBP)'.  This in turn means that they have to meet the ACP deadline of 1st Oct.

« Reply #5 on: 13 September, 2018, 05:32:33 pm »
This is meant as a supportive comment ... have you thought about organising your own event? It really isn't as hard as other organisers pretend (with the exception of my amazing events of course). AUK has a system for bringing new organisers on board and after you're learnt to read the book of runes it's actually rather simple.

Best of all you get to do it your way!

Plus if you put your hand up there are a ton of people around willing to give advice or help you plan a route.

If you're new to this Audax malarky, get in touch with an organiser and ask if you can help out on their events and, who knows, they might be persuaded to run one starting from your town?

L

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 13 September, 2018, 06:52:48 pm »
... I’m looking to do some which start near where I live but there doesn’t seem to many at the moment ...

This is meant as a supportive comment ... have you thought about organising your own event?

That's how I started 9 years ago - purely to have events starting close to home. It kinda grew, and now we have Audax Club Mid-Essex, with two more organisers in this neck of the Audax woods, and a great team of experienced and enthusiastic riders and helpers. Not planned, but so glad it all happened!

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #7 on: 15 September, 2018, 07:00:20 am »
Have you noticed that Audax events tend to run from places where the organisers live and vice versa. How weird is that!