Author Topic: Igaro D1 USB Dynamo Power Converter  (Read 48037 times)

Re: Igaro D1 USB Dynamo Power Converter
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2017, 10:41:01 pm »
Is there an upgrade available to get these plugs and expandable widgets with the original model we purchased in your generous offer?

Or is it a case of it's easier to buy a whole new model 5?

Cheers

D.

Another request sorted: power switch

https://www.igaro.com/d1/d1swt01

Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:31 pm »
Everything can be retrofitted. The only advisory is with the solar panel accessory the input voltage mustn't go above 23V.

Drop us an email with your requirements.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2017, 10:59:38 am »
I note the power switch is currently out of stock.  Any idea when it will be back in?
Getting there...

« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2017, 11:01:05 pm »
They should have been back in stock by now, possibly this week. SJS have stock and Keep Pedalling in Manchester might have a few left also.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2017, 02:47:35 pm »
Thanks.  I'll have another look.
Getting there...

« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2017, 12:41:27 pm »
A few back in now.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2018, 04:40:09 pm »
Just over a year ago I was contemplating getting a D1 to try with my velological dynamo - I'm still contemplating LOL, but wonder if anyone on here has actually tried that combination yet ?
Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it if you live  ~Mark Twain

« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2018, 08:11:58 pm »
just a further question - a mate has an old Dymotec little dynamo, could I rig this with the D1 ?

« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2018, 09:13:40 am »
Just over a year ago I was contemplating getting a D1 to try with my velological dynamo - I'm still contemplating LOL, but wonder if anyone on here has actually tried that combination yet ?

We attempted to gain output graphs from the manufacturer a year ago but the engineer was away at the time. As I recall reading the output is significantly different and this could overload the D1 electronics. SON says...

"Schmidt Edelux and Edelux II headlights are made to be powered by a 6 volt, 3 watt hub dynamo. The use of Edelux or Edelux II powered by Velogical dynamos or other experimental generators risks damage to the headlight's electronics. Damage caused by overload through such generators is not covered by the 5 year Schmidt guarantee!"

« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2018, 10:02:18 am »
Had 2 years trouble free running into B+M Lumotec lights, but guess there is a risk there. Thanks for reply

« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »
BTW I see from Igaro's posts on their Facebook page that a D2 is in the works, I was going to get a D1, but I might hold out for the D2....
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2018, 01:20:18 pm »
HK has been holding off on getting a second Igaro (after the one received through this thread) for a while now, despite being wildly enthusiastic about it. The new Igaro will be going on her commuting/ do everything bike with the original D1 probably ending up somewhere else in her fleet for next year's PBP. No doubt she'll find an excuse to get a third Igaro somewhere down the line.

I understand that the too-fragile cables got beefed up a while ago and that several upgrades and options (a little complex for this bear of little brain) have also appeared. Is it possible to get the stronger cables retrofitted to the original D1 for a fee?

Apparently the D1 is being replaced by a D2 but I have no idea what is actually going on. Facebook will continue to be off-limits for me and there seems to be very little Igaro info elsewhere on the interwebs. Can somebody provide a Reader's Digest version of the situation?
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...