Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL2021  (Read 3673 times)

[LEL17] LEL2021
« on: 13 September, 2017, 06:34:29 pm »
Although I'm still working through closing down LEL2017, I have one eye also on LEL2021.

If the AUK board will have me, I'm likely to offer to run LEL again in 2021. Although it's quite a long way away, it's never to early to start pulling together a team for next time.

Both FB and Phil have told me that they will be unable to be involved to the extent that they were last time. I expect several controllers will decide not to take part too. All very understandable of course, and those who are leaving have my eternal gratitude for their support.

So this is really an initial shout out to ask if anyone is interested in being part of the central of controllers' team for 2021. In particular we'll need people in the following roles:

IT
Finance
Admin
Purchasing
Controller (Loughton and other controls)

The central roles aren't set in stone, and what usually happens is that the people involved shape how the work is divvied up.

I'll be honest - from about June 2019 the pace of work picks up dramatically. By PBP time we need to have a credible, costed event planned, together with most of the controls in place. From October 2020 it will pick up again, and the final few months are fairly frantic.

On the other hand, as voluntary work goes it can be awfully good fun. The riders are (mostly) a joy to be around, and the controllers are without exception superb. The buzz during the event itself is amazing, especially if you're the sort of person who likes to fly by the seat of their pants.

If you're interested, drop me a line for an informal, no obligation chat.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
Re: LEL2021
« Reply #1 on: 13 September, 2017, 07:30:40 pm »
I will of course offer as much help, background knowledge, and explanations of how I did the last 2 events as I can .. although entirely up to the new person if they wish to use this or not.   Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #2 on: 14 September, 2017, 01:04:45 pm »
A big thank you to all those who have given their time and talent over the years.

Ben T

« Reply #3 on: 14 September, 2017, 01:55:59 pm »
I sent you an email about something I could possibly do for it, not sure if you got it or not - I don't know whether it's a good idea, so if not or you've already got it sorted please ignore but if you're interested or you didn't get the email please pm me.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: 14 September, 2017, 03:06:05 pm »
Wot?

Is thing going to happen EVERY 4 YEARS???

Madness ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

andyp

• Andrew Preston
« Reply #5 on: 15 September, 2017, 10:27:42 pm »
I'm likely to offer to run LEL again in 2021.

This is such great news. Thank you. Not sure how you do it, but very glad you do!

« Reply #6 on: 15 September, 2017, 11:53:03 pm »
I have decided that I would like to have a go at riding LEL 2021 so unless anything happens to change it, that is my plan. With that in mind, I am prepared to offer my services in any way I can. No special skills but I am willing to do whatever is needed.

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2017, 07:56:34 am »
I'm planning to ride in 2021 having helped in 2013 and 2017,  but I've put together 12 pages of notes on all the stuff we did around catering at St Ives (feedback received so far has been nearly all positive) plus all the calculations we had for planning and budgeting (we came in under budget with a substantial donation to the local food bank)  and am happy to run some planning sessions on catering if that is required.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #8 on: 01 October, 2017, 09:49:08 am »

Is thing going to happen EVERY 4 YEARS???

Madness ...
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #9 on: 01 October, 2017, 09:56:13 am »

I'll be honest -
-   -   -   -   -   -   -   
That's an important element without doubt and so glad you are being honest. A fellow AUK and I always like organisers to be just that. 

Thanks to FB and Phil for their tremendous work.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #10 on: 01 October, 2017, 11:55:27 am »
it can be awfully good fun. The riders are (mostly) a joy to be around, and the controllers are without exception superb. The buzz during the event itself is amazing, especially if you're the sort of person who likes to fly by the seat of their pants.
A very good description. TBH I've volunteered twice and to me it seemed more fun than riding the half of the event I completed. So I'll be volunteering again. For the LOLZ as I believe Young People say nowadays
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.