Author Topic: Farcebook - "Missing account"  (Read 1217 times)

Farcebook - "Missing account"
« on: 01 October, 2017, 12:06:00 pm »
I am not a fan of FarceBook, but as my employer now insists on using it for updates that I need, I joined

I use it about everywhere weeks.

I am trying to sign on, but apparently there is no account linked to that email account......
Yet if you go to create a new account then there is an account linked to that email

It is not a "typo" as I even went as far as cut and paste to ensure the details are the same

Any advice from the hardened and experienced users?

Ben T

Re: Farcebook - "Missing account"
« Reply #1 on: 01 October, 2017, 11:11:19 pm »
FB are more likely to have algorithmed against it than most, but try any aliases your email address has got, e.g. @gmail / @googlemail

This is in trying to create a new account.

« Reply #2 on: 02 October, 2017, 06:20:10 pm »
Thanks,

Apparently I have to provide a whole series of ID, Driving licence, Birth Certificate, house hold Bills etc to "verify" my account

Not going to happen....

Just created a disposable email account and opened a new account.

« Reply #3 on: 03 October, 2017, 10:46:23 am »
A friend (anecdote klaxon!) tried to avoid the ID requirements and they quickly found the subsequent accounts he created to avoid them. Once you are on their radar then it's quite easy for them to detect your alter egos through browser/device fingerprinting, IP addresses, etc.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4 on: 03 October, 2017, 11:34:13 am »
I am not a fan of FarceBook, but as my employer now insists on using it...
Any advice from the hardened and experienced users?

Go to HR and complain. There are more appropriate means of communicating important information to employees.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."