Author Topic: Handlebar suggestions please  (Read 1210 times)

Handlebar suggestions please
« on: 08 June, 2018, 09:20:18 am »
I have On One Mary bars on my mountain bike. I like them, but the shape of the curves greatly limits the amount of stuff I can squeeze onto the bars. What I'm after is something a little less extreme but with a certain degree of rise and less swept-backness. I don't want flat, or only slightly raised bars - I already tried those and went for the Marys. I throw the question of what I should consider open to the panel...
I have a couple of stems in the box to allow for any reach adjustments, I hope. 31.8mm, I should add.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Re: Handlebar suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: 08 June, 2018, 10:58:33 pm »
If you're happy with the Marys then an extender such as this may be the solution http://r.ebay.com/HYjTIQ?

I have this set up on many of my bikes and typically use a longer mounting tube made up from plastic electrical conduit.  Here's the setup on the Genetic Zygote bars on my Inbred.

Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2018, 09:33:50 am »
Thanks, but the Marys’ curves hamper putting extra bits on them. I thought about an extender, but would prefer bars with more usable space.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2018, 07:58:49 pm »
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2018, 11:38:36 pm »
Alpkit Confuscius?
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #5 on: 11 June, 2018, 03:09:21 pm »
Food for thought, thanks...