Author Topic: Routes from West Ham/Stratford to the City ?  (Read 1493 times)

Routes from West Ham/Stratford to the City ?
« on: 22 November, 2018, 09:15:35 am »
Morning all !

We've had a new intake of grads into the office on Cheapside and one of them has asked : -

"I cycle from West Ham, and want to find a route that isn’t just A11 the whole way! I enjoy and prefer to cycle back routes where possible."

We've got a good proportion of people cycling to work but absolutely no-one coming in from that neck of the woods.

If you were able to provide some ideas that would be really appreciated.

Many thanks.
Rust never sleeps

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: Routes from West Ham/Stratford to the City ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 November, 2018, 09:38:57 am »
What's wrong with the A11?  From Statford it has CS2 running along it to the City.  A longer route would be to drop down to Canning Town to pick up CS3 (for a change of pace).  Any other route (other than the A13) is going to be rather convoluted.

Sincerely,

A. Habitual Cyclist
East Ham
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2018, 11:34:17 am »
Tbh I'd get bored of doing CS2 every day. Two partial options:

North of CS2 - Fairfield Road, Roman Road, Bethnal Green Road and then A10/Bishopsgate into the City

South of CS2 - Devons Road, Stepney Way, Fieldgate Street then onto CS2 for the last bit
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2018, 11:35:44 am »
And for a longer more adventurous commute - Greenway to Beckton, Woolwich Tunnel or Ferry (when it starts again), Thames Path south around the O2, Lower Road, London Bridge.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »
And for a longer more adventurous commute - Greenway to Beckton, Woolwich Tunnel or Ferry (when it starts again), Thames Path south around the O2, Lower Road, London Bridge.

Or down through the Isle of Dogs, Greenwich foot tunnel, then Q1 west and choose a bridge into the City.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: