Author Topic: FNRttC Birmingham - Milton Keynes?  (Read 1343 times)

FNRttC Birmingham - Milton Keynes?
« on: 05 October, 2022, 11:34:33 am »
This appears in the calendar, but I can't see a thread for it. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

StuAff

• Folding not boring
Re: FNRttC Birmingham - Milton Keynes?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October, 2022, 12:03:29 pm »
Any FNRttC discussions now take place via the Fridays Facebook group, or on CycleChat. It's not happening, anyway. As the email that went out on Sunday put it,

"No easy way to soften the blow. We've got to cancel most of the remaining rides this year.  Due to challenges around logistics, weather, engineering works, and the impact of potential and actual rail strikes, we've taken a long hard look at the calendar and decided that, with the exception of Tim Decker's poetic day ride, ALL OTHER RIDES ARE CANCELLED".

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 05 October, 2022, 01:05:43 pm »
Disappointing, as it was about the only one I could realistically do without the aid of trains, but completely understandable.  We don't want to be encouraging people to drive after an all night ride.

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2022, 01:12:36 pm »
A further problem was that Tim hadn't been able to do a recce. He'd pulled it by the time we rode to Ashford, in what turned out to be the final night run of the year…

« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2022, 01:25:06 pm »
OK, thanks for the update.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.